HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Friday, August 22, 2008

About Me

Wendi is a 35 year old mother of two young boys who married her High School sweetheart after dating him for 7 years.  She is a business professional with an MBA specializing in Human Resources, Accounting and Change Management.  She is passionate about her family and loves learning and sharing with others.

Wendi made the decision to become a stay-at-home Mom when their family grew to include a preemie in 2006.  She started blogging at Wendi's Book Corner as a way to challenge herself and keep track of the books she read.  Her passion for blogging grew to include product reviews, giveaways, author interviews, crafts, recipes, places to visit and so much more!  Wendi is launching a new blog called What Wendi Wants that will encompass everything from everyday life, product reviews, book reviews, crafts, kid friendly activities and recipes plus much, much more.

Wendi loves hosting product parties and has had a lot of success sharing great products and services with local Seattle and Eastside families.  I miss the daily interaction with people, but find that my new family-based life is very rewarding!

I originally created Wendi's Book Corner as a way to document and record all the books I read, and have found it to be so rewarding and fun!  It has also grown and evolved into a general blog where I share book and product reviews, crafts, recipes, daily life and where I'm starting some fun local features, including Around The Sound, where I'll showcase local events and places to visit in and around the Seattle area.

I love my blog - so come on over and say hi!  You can also find me on The Husband Project.

In 2011, Wendi's Book Corner was nominated for Parents Best Local Mom Blog!
By Best Local Mom Blog

If you would like to send me a book or product to review on my blog (Amazon, Library Thing and GoodReads also), please email me and I will send you my contact information. I will make a point to review your book or product as soon as possible. wbarker@hotmail.com


Full disclosure: As of December 1, 2009, the FTC is requiring that bloggers who post their reviews disclose the source of the book/product they are reviewing. Most of the books and products I review were received courtesy (free of charge) of the publisher, author, publicist, manufacturer, or other Word-of-Mouth Marketing company (like BzzAgent, One2One Network, etc). I do not get paid for my reviews ~ I simply enjoy learning about new books/products and passing on the information and my thoughts.



The Website Grade for http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com!



Book Bloggers & Publishers Online Conference


7 Comments:

Booklogged said...

I didn't know that blogger would let you do multiple pages. Can you tell me how to do this, if it's not too time consuming to explain. If so, just point me in the direction to learn more.

You can email me

booklogged AT gmail DOT com

Thank-you.

Booklogged said...

Hey, Wendi since I last emailed you I've been doing some research and I think I understand a few things about pages that I didn't before. I don't need help anymore. You're About Me link and the tabs at the top of your page just turned on a light bulb for me.

Thanks so much!

Tina said...

Wendi...I just discovered the Banned Books Library on LT, and am planning to do a post about it on Monday as part of Celebrate Banned Books Week, but thought you might also want to do a Tuesday Thingers something like " How many banned books are in your library?" LT makes it really easy -when you access the library page, it has a link at the top that says You share X books with the BBL and then you click and get your list.

I'm not clear if non-LTers can see this library so I sent an email to them to ask. Hope I'm not treading on your toes, but I like to get the word out about LT every chance I get, and this fits perfectly into my weekly posting about BB week.

Tina said...

oops...didin't give you an email to get back to me....tbranco@hughes.net

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendi! Great blog, always enjoy reading it, even though I've never gotten around to subscribing. Of course, I would say that, wouldn't I, after you gave my book Kiss! Kiss! Yuck! Yuck! such a great review! Anyway, my book has now gone on to win the Flicker Tale award in North Dakota, so I'm flying there in September (all the way from New Zealand) to accept it. I just got my travel plan, and it looks like I have to go through Seattle to get to Grand Forks, ND, so I'd be very keen to visit some local schools in Seattle on the way. Would you know anyone who might be interested in helping arrange a few visits? I realise it's outside your normal blog-o-sphere, but hey, there's no harm asking! All the best, Kyle Mewburn

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendi! Love your blog! I'm going to put a link to it in my blogroll. Hope you'll stop by!

http://brandyreneebruce.wordpress.com/

Hallee Bridgeman said...

My preemie was also born in 2006

So nice to meet you

http://www.halleethehomemaker.com/2011/10/seeing-just-the-arrow/

God Bless

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters