I was tagged by Kalea_Kane over at Enroute to Life, who was tagged by Sunny At That Book Addiction . This is a meme that has been here and there and everywhere in the blogosphere - this is my second round, so I'm going to see if I can stick with the Bookish theme again! Here are some rules:
Update 11/18/2008: I've been tagged by two more wonderful people, but I'm fresh out of bookish facts, so I'll give them credit here! The first was Mimi B. over at Woven by Words - head over and check out her wonderful site (and her 7 bookish facts). The second is Marina over at Momma Writes About Books - be sure and visit her too - she's got some great facts up!
Pretty simple. Now finding 7 people is going to be rough but first things first...
MY 7 BOOKISH THINGS
1. I've never read a book written by Judy Blume! No particular reason, just never picked one up.
2. I read my first Dr. Seuss book when I was 27 - at my sister-in-law's house - I do believe it was Green Eggs and Ham.
3. I have thrown away one book in my life [gasp] - it was so horrible, and I was so offended by it, I couldn't stand the thought of anyone else reading it - now if only I could remember the title!
4. I never completely read any of my text-books in college - oops - I don't think I'm supposed to admit that!
5. Some of the "adult" books I read as a YA: Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, Merlin (actually the entire trilogy) by Mary Stewart.
6. My husband introduced me to "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card while we were dating in high school. I loved it so much, I told my mom she needed to read it - she also loved it. That makes two of us who loved a book that my husband recommended! (Actually, he does have a lot of luck choosing great books.)
7. I usually read the most between 9:00 pm and 1:00 am or so, as that is when my husband and toddler are asleep, and I don't have anyone trying to get my attention! :) That is also usually when I do my blogging!!
Now I'm going to tag 7 people who have book blogs, so they can continue the book theme if they want. I choose:
1. Elizabeth at As Usual, I Need More Bookshelves
2. Cathy at Kittling: Books
3. Ann at Booklorn
4. Traci at Traci's Book Bag
5. Tina at Bookshipper
6. Anna at Ask Anna . . .
7. Serena at Savvy Verse & Wit
Now - for your instructions:
1. Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!
Tag - You're It!!