Note: DON'T boil the eggs for this ahead of time. You need the eggs nice and hot because they will melt the crayon wax.
You might want to experiment with different types of crayons. I had the best luck with normal crayons, but also used the cheaper ones we got at restaurants with the kids meals. They do melt a little differently.
1. Freshly boiled eggs (They need to be HOT)
2. A thick napkin to help hold your egg (Or you can use the egg carton)
3. Crayons (more colors make it more fun)
4. Egg dye
1. Place a HOT hard boiled egg in a carton, or hold it in your hand by using something like a napkin or rubber glove (they type you wear to wash the dishes)
2. Begin holding a crayon against the egg so the wax will melt
3. Make designs on the sides, let it melt from the top and drizzle down the sides, etc
4. When you have your egg decorated the way you like, set it aside to cool, then you can leave it or dip it in egg dye like normal eggs