HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, May 14, 2012

Creative Steps Magazine: One of THE Best Kids Activity and Learning Magazines Available for Parents

Creative Steps Magazine is one of THE best children's (ages 0-11) activity and learning magazines I've ever had the pleasure of viewing! Unlike lots of other child-related magazines, this one is FULL of activities to do with children in different age ranges.

There is very little advertising, leaving the majority of the magazine full of child-related  articles: most are activity based (crafts, projects, games), with some age-appropriate kids books, and a few recipes.

This magazine would be great for anyone who has or works with children (pre-school teachers, elementary school teachers, day care providers, kids groups, Brownies groups, parents, grandparents, etc), as their goal is "Helping Kids Learn Through Creative Play."

The quarterly magazine is based in the UK, and has both digital and print editions available.

I can't stress enough how many GREAT projects each issue has!  Our family received two issues, each of which had between 90-100 projects and activities.  We have two boys (ages 2 and 5), and I sat with each of them for about 30 minutes just poring over the fun stuff to do.  We've picked out quite a few to do, starting this week, so over the next few weeks, hopefully I'll get some pictures to share on here.  :)

Here are some great sample pages from the Spring 2011 issue of Creative Steps:


My Thoughts on the Print Version:  I have to admit that I am a bit partial to something I can physically hold and carry around with me on playdates, and to have in my purse in the event that I have to wait somewhere, especially with the kids, and this is a great magazine to have with me.  The colors are bright and there is so much great content to look through!

My Thoughts on the Digital Version:  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the digital version, and you MAY be able to convince me that this is the way to go!  Not only can you view it online, but you can choose to download (in PDF format) individual pages or the whole magazine.  So, if you wanted to do a specific project but didn't want to be tied to the computer for the step-by-step directions, you could download the pages and print them out!  You don't have to worry about losing the magazine, and it won't take up any physical space.  PLUS - subscribing to the digital version will save you a bunch of money, especially for those of us in the US.


Creative Steps Magazine: Helping Kids Learn Through Creative Play  
 www.creativesteps.co.uk  

Quarterly Publication  ~ Digital and Print Editions Available
Find Creative Steps online: Facebook, Twitter, Webpage

Edition Reviewed: 2 Issues - Review copies received courtesy of the publisher, many thanks to both the author and the publisher for sending me a copy to review!


Special Reader Discount: Get 25% off both the Digital and Online magazine editions:
For Annual Subscription to the Online Version:
After the discount, the cost would be £13.50 (GBP) or $22.50 (USD)
Use the discount code KARDIG25 and use this email - info@creativesteps.co.uk

For Annual Subscription of the Printed Version:
After the discount, the cost would be £22.35 (GBP) or $63.75 (USD) (including postage)
Use the discount code KARMA25 and this link https://creativesteps.subscribeonline.co.uk/all-titles/creative-steps?offer=KARMA25

Check out what other bloggers have to say about Creative Steps Magazine:



*Disclosure: I received 2 print copies of the Creative Steps Magazine via the Karma Media campaign so I could share my honest opinion with you.

1 Comments:

Beck Valley Books said...

Fantastic review, thanks for sharing xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters