As a result, I have been giving a lot of thought to how I want to review books. I do not want to be known for tearing apart books in my reviews, but I want to be honest about how I feel about them. (My husband will laugh over this, but I don't like being the bearer of bad news, as it always brings me down! ) I know that authors and editors put a lot of work into a book, and it is impossible to please everyone! Every book will have people who love it, people who think it is just ok, and those who don't like it. So - I will be honest in my opinion, and will try to help the strengths shine.
SO - I am going to aim for showcasing the positives of each book, and noting constructive feedback in a nice way.
Additionally, I am going to have a rating (not sure if I am going to use stars, or books, but I'll work on it!) as follows:
- 5 stars - I LOVED this book! Its a permanent addition to my bookshelf.
- 4 stars - I enjoyed this book, and I'm willing to loan it out.
- 3 stars - It was a good book, but I probably won't read it again.
- 2 stars - It wasn't a good fit for me, but I'll pass it along to someone else who might like it.
- 1 star - I couldn't get through it and plan to donate it to charity.