Thursday, October 30, 2008
Karla over at Another Road to Ramble tagged me for the "Random Facts" tag - Book Edition.
Here are my 7 random/weird facts (trying to stick with the book edition theme - we'll see how I do!)
1. My Grandmother unknowingly let me read my first "adult" book when I was around 8 or 9 years old - I was spending the night and found her book stash - it was an exotic tale set in a faraway land - I remember that it had a redish cover, and I sure wish I had the title! I'll find it one of these days and post it.
2. A favorite book that my Mom and I share: The Wicked Marquis by Marnie Ellingson. It is a Regency romance, and was very fun to read - if you get a chance, see if you can find it and let me know how you like it!
3. I'm pretty sure I've got at least a handful of books stashed in just about every room in the house (not the bathrooms or the laundry room - they are too small, but all other rooms are included!), with a few boxes in the garage.
4. During my first year in high school, I was recovering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so I ended up having one class period per day that I spent in the library - I learned how to catalog incoming books, reinforce the spine, apply the protective covering, and get them on the shelves, etc.
5. All through junior high and high school, I read all the regency romance books I could get my hands on, especially those by Georgette Heyer, Marion Chesney and Barbara Cartland!
6. My Dad introduced me to adventure books like those written by Clive Cussler, Jim Butcher and Matt Reiley.
7. I'm in three different book clubs, one of them includes my Mom, one of my High School English teachers (she taught my Mom her first year of teaching, and me her last year of teaching!), one of my junior high math teachers, her mother, her daughter and another math instructor - all of whom are wonderful women I enjoy keeping in touch with!
I'm going to tag 7 people who have book blogs, so they can continue the book theme if they want. I choose:
1. Kathy at Bermudaonions Weblog
2. Sandra at Fresh Ink Books
3. Shana at Literarily
4. Lisa at Minds Alive on the Shelves
5. Wendy at Musings of a Bookish Kitty
6. Michele at A Reader's Respite
7. Monie at Reading With Monie
Now - for your instructions:
1. Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!
Tag - You're It!!