HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Friday, November 1, 2013

Book List: Disney"s Wonderful World of Reading















Scholastic (and previously Grolier?) carries a series of books called Disney's Wonderful World of Reading that I absolutely love! As the mother of a 3 year old, I am always on the look-out for great books that catch my son's interest... and these do! Every single one that I've been able to find has become an instant favorite. With the fun stories (not too long, but not too short either) and beautiful full color pages, these are great books that our whole family loves!

Now I will admit, that in order to get the brand new books, I believe you have to sign up for a book-of-the-month type club where they send you 3 books per month that you can send back, or pay about $4.00 plus shipping per book. BUT, I'm not willing to do that! Instead, I comb my local used book stores and Goodwill stores, where I typically find them for $0.75 - $0.99 each. The only problem I've run into is getting multiple copies of the same book (I am thinking of starting a Facebook Page to list my extra titles for sale, if I do, I'll post the link here).

In an effort to minimize my duplicates, I'm going to put as much information on here as I can, starting with this list: (All items in bold are ones that we have, those not in bold are the ones I am still looking for)

If I am missing any titles PLEASE leave a comment and let me know! I'd love to have a really complete list!! I copied this basic list from a WikiAnswers here... then added the titles that I've got that weren't on the Wiki list!

All BOLDED titles are ones that I own and have in my possession, titles that are not bold or are in red are those that I have not personally seen with my own eyes. 

101 Dalmatians
101 Dalmatians II Patch's London Adventure
101 Dalmatians Treasure Hunters
102 Dalmatians
A Bug's Life
A Christmas Surprise for Uncle Scrooge
A Narrow Escape
A Picnic in the Woods
A Present for Piglet
A Scare for Mr Toad
A White Christmas
Across the Big Country
Aladdin
Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp
Aladdin and the Dancing Princess
Aladdin and the King of Thieves
Aladdin and the Missing Jewel Chest
Aladdin and the Sly Magician
Aladdin and the White Baby Camel (aka Aladin and the White Camel)
Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves
Alice In Wonderland
All is Well That Ends Well aka All's Well That Ends Well
Atlantis (The Lost Empire)
Bambi

Bambi 2
Bambi and the Big Snow
Bambi Gets Lost
Bambi Grows Up
Basil the Great Mouse Detective
Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast - Enchanted Chrstimas
Bolt
Brave
Brer Rabbit and his Friends
Brer Rabbit and the Pot of Gold
Brer Rabbit Gets Tricked
Brer Rabbit Plays Some Tricks
Brer Rabbit Saves His Skin
Brother Bear
Button Soup
Cars
Cars 2
Cars: Back on Track aka The World of Cars: Back on Track
Cars: Look Out for Mater
Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales
Chicken Little
Chip and Dale's New Home
Christmas in the Country
Cinderella
Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True

Cinderella III: A Twist In Time
Cinderella's Busy Birthday
Country Mouse, City Mouse
Dinosaur
Donald at the Seashore
Donald Duck and the Magic Stick
Donald Duck Buys a House
Donald Duck Mountain Climber
Donald Duck's Bad Day
Donald Duck's Big Surprise
Donald Duck's Birthday
Donald Duck's Birthday Surprise
Donald Duck's Tallest Tale
Dopey Gets Lost
Duck Tales: Christmas at the North Pole
Dumbo
Dumbo and His New Act
Dumbo and the Circus Train
Dumbo on Land, on Sea in the Air
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Farmer Mickey
Ferdinand and the Robbers
Finding Nemo
Finding Nemo: Bruce Breaks Loose
Fool's Gold
Frozen
Goofy and the Enchanted Castle
Goofy and the Magic Axe
Goofy and the Magic Fish
Goofy and the Miller
Goofy and the Pirate Treasure
Goofy in the Wild West
Goofy Minds the House
Goofy On the Hillside
Goofy the Gardener Makes Up His Mind
Goofy's Book of Colors
Goofy's Gags
Goofy's Neighbor's
Grandma Duck's Little Helpers
Gulliver Mickey
Henny Penny and the Big Bad Wolf
Hercules
Hiawatha and the Big Flood
Hiawatha the Brave Hunter

Hiawatha's Bear Hunt
Home on the Range
How Cinderella's Mice Tricked Lucifer the Cat
How to Catch a Heffalump
Ice Age
Ice Age 2
Jungle Cubs: Bee a Friend
Lady and the Tramp
Lady and the Tramp II - Scamps Adventure
Lambert the Sheepish Lion
Li'l Wolf and the Three Little Pigs
Li'l Wolf and the Three Wishes
Lilo and Stitch
Little Hiawatha
Lucky Puppy
Merry Christmas Uncle Scrooge McDuck
Meet the Robinsons
Mickey and Goofy's Race Around the World
Mickey and Minnie's Gift of the Magi
Mickey and the Beanstalk
Mickey and the Magic Cloak
Mickey Mouse's Joke Book
Mickey Mouse's Riddle Book
Mickey's Christmas Carol
Mickey's Counting Book
Monsters Inc
Monsters University
Mowgli and Kaa the Python
Mowgli and the Lost Elephant Child
Mulan
Mulan II
Oliver and Company
Our Hero, Scamp
Peter and the Wolf
Peter Pan
Peter Pan and Captain Hook
Peter Pan and Wendy
Peter Pan: Return to Never Land
Pete's Dragon
Piglet's Big Movie
Pinocchio
Pinocchio & His Puppet Show Adventure
Pinocchio & the Isle Of Fun
Pinocchio and the Whale
Planes
Pluto the Detective
Pocahontas
Pocahontas and the Baby Eagle
Pongo and Perdy, Two Happy Dalmatians
Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin
Pooh's Heffalump Movie
Pumbaa Runs Away from Home
Quasimodo the the Rescue
Ratatouille
Return to Oz
Robin Hood and the Birthday Penny
Robin Hood and the Golden Arrow
Robin Hood and the Great Coach Robbery
Robin Hood Saves the Day
Robin Hood Sends a Message
Robin Hood Spins Gold
Robin Hood Wins Again
Roquefort the Mouse Detective
Scamp & the Kitten
Scamp Learns a Lesson
Scamp Saves the House
Scamp to the Rescue
Simba and Nala Help Bomo
Simba and the Big Flood
Simba the Fortune Teller
Sinbad and the Robber Birds
Sinbad the Pearl Diver
Sinbad the Sailor
Sir Goofy and the Dragon
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White & the Messy Dwarfs
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
Snow White Helps the Seven Dwarfs
Snow White Visits the Seven Dwarfs
Snow White's Christmas
Tall & Short a Book of Opposites
Tangled
Tarzan
Tarzan and the Jungle Games
The Adventures of Mr. Toad
The Almost Missed Christmas
The Aristocats
The Aristocats and the Missing Necklace
The Aristocats Get Into Mischief
The Big Bad Wolf and L'il Wolf
The Black Hole
The Brave Little Tailor
The Christmas Helpers
The Emperor's New Clothes
The Emperor's New Grove
The Fairy Without Wings
The Fox and the Hound
The Great Mouse Detective
The Hare & the Tortoise
The Haunted House
The Haunted House Party
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
The Incredibles
The Jungle Book
The Jungle Book 2
The Lion King
The Lion King 1½

The Lion King II: Simba's Pride aka Simba's Pride
The Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid and Spot
The Love Bug
The Magic Grinder
The Mice and the Circus
The Mickey Mouse Birthday Book
The Mickey Mouse Magic Book

The Mickey Mouse Make-It Book
The Mystery Box
The Mystery of the Missing Peanuts
The New Adventures of Mr Toad
The Penguin Who Hated the Cold aka The Penguin That Hated the Cold
The Prince and the Pauper
The Princess and the Frog
The Princess Who Never Laughed
The Rescuers
The Rescuers Down Under
The Rescuers Trouble in Devil's Bayou
The Return of Jafar
The Runaway Wolf Cub
The Small One
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
The Sword in the Stone
The Three Musketeers
The Tigger Movie
The Wild

Three Aristocats in Trouble
Three Favorite Tales
Three Little Pigs
Thumper
Tinker Bell
Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue
Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings
Tinker Bell's Secret Adventure
Tod and Copper
Tod and Vixey
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3
Toy Story Toons
Treasure Planet
Trouble in Devil's Bayou
Trouble in the Jungle
Up
Wall-E
Webby Saves The Day aka Duck Tales: Webby Saves the Day
Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore
Winnie the Pooh and the Birthday Expedition
Winnie The Pooh and The Windy Day
Winnie The Pooh and Tigger Too
Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
Wreck-It Ralph
Please let me know if you believe any of these titles are in error, or if I am missing any (which I'm sure I am!) - your help will be greatly appreciated!!

Originally published on this blog 8/2010, As I update the list, I update the date to keep it near the top and easier to find.

Update 10/16/2012:  I have cross-referenced my list with two other very long Disney Wonderful World of Reading Lists, one being a site in the UK (will post links when I find it in my files) and one being a current publisher site.  The publisher's site only includes more recent books, while the UK site includes some I can't find pictures of.   I did remove some "suspect" titles from my list, one was an early reader book that was not part of Disney's books, and some others had variations of the names.

Update 10/2013: I was contacted by a very nice man named Michael, who was helping his Mother-In-Law get rid of some things... among them were some of these books!!  He gave me a great deal on 17 that I was missing, so now my collection is even better.  :)  Thanks Michael and family!!

Update 11/2/2013:  Added new books - Frozen, Monsters University, Planes, Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings, Toy Story Toons, Trouble in Devil's Bayou

Update 12/2014:  Added a few new books that I've been able to find.

~ Wendi

18 Comments:

Julie J. said...

Hi Wendi!

I have 2 of the books on your list...Home on the Range and Tinker Bell's Secret Adventure. Email me if you are interested. faithfulgirl4 at gmail dot com

Jann said...

Two more that I didn't see on your list:

Trouble in Devil's Bayou
Webby Saves the Day

Anonymous said...

I am collecting this set for my son as well. Are you updating this list often? Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Simba's Pride

caroline said...

hi there
ive been collecting these books for years now and have only about 11 to get! You have a few missing. i'll list them below for you.

Donald Duck's Birthday Surprise
Cinderella 111 A twist in time
Meet the robinsons
The wild
Tangled
Up
The princess and the frog
Seymour the Prince

hope this helps. if u come across any more please post them. many thanks
caroline

caroline said...

do the books

cinderella's busy day
hiawatha the great hunter
webby saves the world

actually exist
can't fine them anywhere or even a picture of them
many thanks caroline

Wendi said...

Caroline,

Thanks for the new/missing titles!

As for your second comment, I can't verify one way or another about those titles. I can say that I don't have any of those mentioned, and that they are awfully similar to other titles. It could be that someone else read a title wrong or combined two books... I got most of the titles from a Wiki and then added those that I have... which are in bold.

:) Thanks for the updates!

caroline said...

hi there
i was wrongly advised
seymour the prince is not one !!
did not want otheres to make the same mistake as me
xx

Anonymous said...

Do you have any information on the Disney Year Book? I have collected one for my son every year but the last one I have 2009.

alfa said...

disney is the best

Anonymous said...

Hello, Before finding your list, I was compiling my own list for the same purpose, as I collected them for our 4yo daughter. Your list helped me to fill out about a dozen that I was missing. The only ones that I found on other lists, but are not on your list are:
Cars: Back on Track (not sure if this is separate than "Cars"
Disney Fairies: The Fairy Without Wings

A few others had very similar names (as noted in other comments), some of which I think are likely just the same story mis-transcribed by someone.

I am curious - do you have any other collections of children's books as well? Aside from the fairly typical Dr. Seuss and other classics, we have been working on collecting up Serendipity Books, as well as collecting the 43 ValueTales books
Best Wishes
CM
Lancaster, PA

Anonymous said...

@Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle

Titles I've seen that are not on your list:

Cars: Back on track (2008) 0545086272
Disney Fairies: The Fairy Without Wings (2007) 0545000750
Little Mermaid and Spot (2000) 0717284999

Janice said...

Thanks for the great list! We <3 Disney!



Janice
Celebrating Family

Hateleko said...

There is 4 more books missing from this list.

Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Tinkerbell and the last adventure and Robin hood spins gold.

I have seen all these books in the Gallery's on these two sites.

http://www.tonystrading.co.uk/galleries/disneybooks/wwor1.htm

http://www.earlymoments.com/Disney-Wonderful-World-of-Reading/List-of-Disney-Books/

I highly Recommend looking at these sites.

Hateleko said...

Also the ice age books on the list are not Disney wonderful world of reading because ice age is not made by Disney it is made by Blue sky studios.

One other thing is that the books Dumbo and Dumbo the flying elephant are the exact same story. i have both books at home.

Anonymous said...

You are missing a book titled "The Almost Missed Christmas" with Donald, Daisy, Huey, Louie and Dewey.

Tony said...

Hi. The list is a little innacurate... for example, there isn't one called 'the fairy wings' but there is one called 'the fairy without wings'. There wasn't a 'cinderella's busy day', nor 'duck tales webby saves the world' and others - see definitive list (compiled due to my extensive collection) at http://www.tonystrading.co.uk/galleries/disneybooks/wwor.htm
Regards
Tony

Amanda said...

http://www.paperbackswap.com/Disneys-Wonderful-World-Reading/tag/23585/

This site is selling a list of these books. I came across your site trying research my books. I have a lot of 30 of them that I am trying to put on CraigsList to sell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters