HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Crafty Sock Needle Holder - Homemade With Love

I'm just learning to knit socks, which I have fun with - they are small enough that I can actually complete them, and quick enough to see nice progress to keep my interest.  I don't know if you are like me, but I can get bored with larger projects.

I knitted the pair of socks shown on the left because I have a slippery kitchen floor and I wanted to see if wearing Yoga socks would help keep my feet warm while still being able to walk without slipping.  So far I'm loving them.

I love the non-slip (because my heel and toes are both in contact with the floor), I love the look, and I love the color.

I have to admit that my toes are a tiny bit cold, but otherwise, this is a home run!

I've been slowly building my sock needles, and decided I needed a case to store them in - but the problem is that they are pretty expensive if you buy one from someone else, and I had found the PERFECT fabric.

My favorite color is purple, so this begged to be made:





It took me two afternoons and an evening to complete, which was pretty fast considering there were multiple school runs to pick-up my son, and lots of other interruptions.  :)  I'm rather happy at how it turned out - and yes, it still needs a tie strap, but I chickened-out on that and will wait for some help.

Now I'm plotting for the next organizer... if you have any tips for me, feel free to share them!!

Happy Crafting!!!  (If I can do it, YOU can do it!)

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters