HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, December 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Highland Hellcat by Mary Wine


TEASER TUESDAYS :
hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading ~



Teaser :
Highland Hellcat
"Ye are a barbarian."
He grinned but backed away from her.  "I'm a Highlander, lass."
"Well, so am I. That means I am no' without self-discipline when it comes to my..."

~ page 168 “Highland Hellcat" by Mary Wine

** Please note that this Teaser was taken from an Advanced Reader Copy and the final book may be slightly different.

About the Book (from Amazon):
He wants a wife he can control...

Connor Lindsey is a Highland laird, but his clan's loyalty is hard won and he takes nothing for granted. He'll do whatever it takes to find a virtuous wife, even if he has to kidnap her...

She has a spirit that can't be tamed...

Brina Chattan has always defied convention. She sees no reason to be docile now that she's been captured by a powerful laird and taken to his storm-tossed castle in the Highlands, far from her home.

When a rival laird's interference nearly tears them apart, Connor discovers that a woman with a wild streak suits him much better than he'd ever imagined...
I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers! ~ Wendi

*Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate.

12 Comments:

Yvonne said...

I have this one in my TBR. It sounds good.

Candace said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the accent! Great teaser indeed!
Here's mine: http://www.candacesbookblog.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-20.html

gautami tripathy said...

Great teaser! Seems worth checking out!


Teaser Tuesday: The Wake of Forgiveness by Bruce Machart

Ren said...

I haven't read a Highlander book in years, but I am going to have to rectify that. Thank you for this teaser and for stopping by my blog :)

Ren

Belinda said...

YAY! Another Highlander book for me to read :) Thanks for sharing! You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from Lipstick in Afghanistan by Roberta Gately (Page 1):

"Do you hear it?" The voice was almost a whisper.

Elsa held her breath, and then she heard it too, a faint rustling of footsteps over twigs and leaves. Out of the corner of her eye, she glimpsed several shadowy figures darting through the trees, and when she turned, she saw a glint of sunlight reflecting off the barrel of an assault rifle.

There was no denying it—the Taliban had found them.

Oh, Jesus! she thought. We'll never escape.

Elsa knew the Taliban's ruthless hatred; the death and destruction they wrought was undeniable.

Seized by a sickening wave of fear, she wanted to cry or throw up, but there was no time. She tried to catch Parween's eye, but her friend was looking back, intent on finding the source of the sound.

"Run!" someone shouted, and suddenly, the chase was on.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

That was a GREAT teaser!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

BLHmistress said...

Perfect for the Highlander Challenge I joined for next year.

My Teaser Tuesday

Sonia said...

Nice. I used to read a lot of a highlander books. Been a while though since I read one

Beth F said...

Good one -- Love the highland accent.

Enid Wilson said...

I love a highlander too! Thanks Wendi for the heads up. It looks like a spirited romance.

Fire and Cross

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just want to say hello to the community

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters