HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, April 4, 2011

Quick Fruit Fix: Great Snack/Smoothie in a Hurry With The Help of the Magic Blender, Minute Maid Pomegranate Blueberry Juice and Safeway Frozen Fruits

My 4-year old wanted "something yummy to drink" with his lunch today, and I remembered that I had an unopened bottle of Minute Maid 100% Fruit Juice Blend: Pomegranate Blueberry on hand. I decided that since I bought it to make smoothies with, we'd have smoothies!

So! Out comes the Magic Blender, which we have perfected using for fruit/juice smoothies. To make this great smoothie, you will need:


                               4-5 large frozen strawberries
                               4-5 large frozen peach wedges
                               4-5 small pieces of frozen mango
                                               (I got all our frozen fruit at our local Safeway Store)
                                               (roughly, it should be about 2 parts strawberries, 2 parts peaches, 1 part mango)

                               We then filled the rest of the glasses with the Minute Maid Pomegranate Blueberry juice, then used the Magic Blender to turn each one into a perfect smoothie.  When I use the Magic Blender, it probably takes less than one minute per glass and I usually stop and shake the glass mid way through to make sure there are no big huge pieces of frozen fruit left.

:)  My son then picked the glass with the green rim because, "green is my favorite color" and I got the yellow one.  Add a couple of straws and we were ready to go.

As a bonus, our 1 year-old LOVED this and I was able to bribe him with my smoothie to eat some more meat and cheese for lunch... plus he got some fruit!

As I sat here writing, my 4 year old drank 3/4 of his drink, and I don't know how many servings of fruit it was, but I feel great because he ate fruit, thinks it was a great shake, and wants to have them again soon.

** This recipe is really similar to the Jamba Juice Pomagranate Paradise one that is my personal favorite, but which is SO darn expensive I only stop and get one for special occasions.  I have MORE than saved the cost of the Magic Blender by making my own Pomagranate Paradise smoothies at home.

Next time I'll try to take some pictures, but trust me when I say the smoothies are a beautiful color and they taste great with no added sugar!

Let me know how you make your favorite smoothie!

*Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate. I get a very small amount for any purchases made when you click through a link from Wendi's Book Corner, which I then save up and use to buy more books! :)

1 Comments:

Elena said...

I love doing fruit smoothies with the Magic Bullet too. Definitely going to have to try this one out and add it to my list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters