HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, April 25, 2011

Quick Tip: Storing Plastic Easter Eggs - Saving Space and Money

Ok, so Easter is over (and I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!), and now you are wondering what to do with all those plastic Easter eggs... I'm going to show you the trick I've done for the past few years to save both space and money.

All you need is a large Ziploc bag or two, your eggs, and 10-15 minutes.

You will save both space and money!  (Assuming you were like me and you used to donate or (gasp) throw them out if you didn't have room to store them.

You can fit about 40 regular sized plastic eggs into a Ziploc bag...

or you can open them and stack them together to fit about 80 in the bag!






This is the same 40 eggs that were in the first bag, only they have been opened and stacked to fit together more closely in the bag.  I was then able to fit 40 additional eggs into the same bag.  Some of the eggs were the larger ones, and a few were the smaller ones, which is why I'm claiming to be able to put about 80 total regular eggs into the large (Gallon Freezer Bag) Ziploc bag.



Here is my finished Ziploc bag of eggs... front and back to show you exactly what I was able to get in there.  All told, I was able to get a TON of eggs into three large Ziploc bags, and store the kids Easter baskets and various other holiday items into the same box that was only able to hold the eggs.  :)

Now see how many Easter eggs YOU can get into a Gallon Ziploc bag!

4 Comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm sad to say we don't have any need for plastic Easter eggs these days. :(

cindysloveofbooks said...

I think we used the plastic eggs one year and never used them again. But this is a great tip.

Happy belated Easter to you and your family.

Alyce said...

What a great idea! We used to have stray egg halves all over the house, but haven't hidden the plastic eggs here in several years since we've been doing the hunts at the grandparents' houses. I'll have to remember that though.

Kathleen said...

Great idea thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters