I've said it before, Creative Steps is one of the best children's activity and learning magazines that I've ever seen... and I've got a special peek into the Summer 2012 issue that I get to share with you! Check out these two great activities you can do at home: Homemade Raspberry Ice Cream (no ice cream maker required) and Magic Drawings, read on to see how to make them, then check out Creative Steps for more great projects.
What you need:
225g (8 oz) Fresh Raspberries
50g (just under 1/2 cup powder sugar) icing sugar
150ml (2/3 cup) Greek yoghurt
300ml (1 1/4 cups heavy cream or whipping cream) double cream
1. Wash the raspberries and dry them on some paper towel. Mash them in a bowl.
2. Sieve the icing sugar into the bowl of raspberries and mix it in.
3. Add the Greek yoghurt to the mixture and stir everything together well.
4. In another bowl whisk the cream until it is thick with stiff peaks. Stir in the raspberry mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into one or two containers, level it off, put on the lids and put them in the freezer. Get the ice cream out about 10-15 minutes before you want to serve it. Using a scoop dipped into hot water will help!
Sheets of dark or brightly colored tissue paper
Selection of paint brushes
Bleach & bowl
1. As this activity uses bleach, there MUST be adult supervision at all times and we suggest the children taking part should be at least aged 5+.
2. Put one tablespoon of bleach in a bowl and put the bleach bottle away. Let each child choose a sheet of tissue paper.
3. The children should choose what they would like to 'paint' with and then dip it into the bleach. They should gently paint as they would normally and after a few seconds, the area painted turns the paper a paler colour. This will get more enhanced after being left to dry for a few minutes. Mount on white paper for a greater effect.
In this issue of Creative Steps, there are 100 different activities for kids (broken down into age ranges from 0-5 Years, 5-7 Years and 7-11 Years) and 50 Top Tips for Summer Fun.
Quarterly Publication ~ Digital and Print Editions Available
Special Reader Discount: Get 25% off both the Digital and Online magazine editions:
For Annual Subscription to the Online Version:
After the discount, the cost would be £9.00 (GBP) or $13.50 (USD)
Use the discount code KARDIG25 and use this email - email@example.com
For Annual Subscription of the Printed Version:
After the discount, the cost would be £22.35 (GBP, UK Only) or $63.75 (USD, Worldwide) (including postage)
Use the discount code KARMA25 and this link https://creativesteps.subscribeonline.co.uk/all-titles/creative-steps?offer=KARMA25
Disclosure: I had a chance to take a peek at the digital online version of the Summer 2012 edition of Creative Steps Magazine, and was given permission to share the above recipe and project with you!