HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review and Interview with SendFudge.com (Their Raspberry Cheesecake Fudge is Divine)

SendFudge.com is a great way to experience the joys of really, REALLY good fudge... and a great way to help celebrate a special occasion!

I had the pleasure of sharing SendFudge.com's Raspberry Cheesecake fudge with my family, and it was unanimous...

The fudge was amazing!  (And rich)  The flavor was wonderful, and a little goes a long way.

The fudge comes in a really nice gift-quality box that is sealed, so it stays fresh.  When it arrived on my doorstep, I couldn't wait to... well, open it and dive in, but I showed self-control and waited for the boys to join me so they could try it too.


When I opened up the package, the first thing I noticed was the nice smell coming from the box.



I don't know who liked it better, me or the boys.  Let me just say it was probably the best fudge I've ever had (hard to beat Fair Fudge, but this does), especially as it is Raspberry Cheesecake!  And a little goes a long way.  This doesn't look like a huge amount of fudge, but it is so rich and creamy that I think it lasted over 3 days out on the counter... and we were eating it all three days!!

This is now a new favorite "treat" and I hope to make it over to their brick and mortar store here in Washington.  Regardless of whether you are here in Washington and can go to their store, or you are elsewhere and can order online, this fudge is GREAT and would be a nice treat for yourself, or a fun gift to surprise someone special.  (Weddings, graduations, order a few flavors to have out on a pretty plate for a party, indulge for yourself!)

I love to support local authors and businesses, so I was especially excited that Andrew of SendFudge.com agreed to take some time from his busy schedule to do an interview with me.

Before I get much farther, I'd like to thank Andrew for taking the time to do an interview with me - thanks Andrew!!

1. After making over 5500 pounds of fudge, have you found one flavor you like better than the rest?
It's really tough to pick just one that I like better than the rest. The best I can do is pick a few favorites, and even that tends to change. The raspberry, mint, and cookie dough have been my top 3 for awhile, but the maple nut and peanut butter are high on my list too.

2. With flavors like Raspberry Cheesecake and Orange Creme and your new Dark Chocolate Chili Mango, are there any fun stories as to how flavors were developed? 
Most of the recipes have been around far longer than I have, so I don't know all the stories behind them. The Chili Mango was one of my first real experiments, so that was fun to figure out. (There's actually a blog post about it on the site). Sometimes I get inspired by customer suggestions or other candies we have in the store.
The customer response to certain flavors can be a little surprising sometimes. The Orange Creme especially tends to be one that people think is too weird, but once they try a sample they love it.

3. Have you ever received any crazy fudge flavor requests?
Definitely. I've been trying to figure out how to make a good maple bacon fudge. Some suggestions are just too crazy, though; I guarantee I won't be making pickle or barbecue sauce fudge anytime soon.

4. What is your favorite part of making fudge?
It's cool to take plain chocolate or vanilla fudge and turn it into dozens of flavors with a few extra ingredients. It's also fun to see customers react so positively to what I've made.

5. What do you think makes your fudge the best in the world (other than your time tested 50+ year old recipe)?
Ego, mostly. Seriously though, I've tried lots of different fudges and still haven't found anyone selling one I like as well as ours. Homemade fudge ranks pretty high, but no one's grandma makes all the flavors we do.

6. What is your most-requested fudge flavor?
Mint chocolate swirl and sea salt caramel are both really popular and seem to sell out as quickly as I can make them. I'm always amazed by how many people prefer plain chocolate, but I guess it's a classic for a reason.

7. What is the most challenging part of making fudge?
There isn't a lot of time to work with the fudge before it starts to set, so I've got to get it done fast. Other than that it really isn't too difficult, although I've certainly had plenty of practice.

8. What was the biggest challenge of starting SendFudge.com? 
Everyone knows they can send flowers as a gift, but the idea of sending fudge is still pretty new. Our challenge in the beginning is to help customers learn that instead of an expensive bouquet of flowers that will die in a few days, they can give a delicious box of handmade fudge. We also put a lot of effort into perfecting the product quality and overall customer experience so that every single box makes someone's day.

Raspberry Cheesecake Fudge 
by SendFudge.com
1/2 pound ~ $14.99 with Free Shipping to lower 48 states

Edition Reviewed: 1/2 pound of Raspberry Cheesecake Fudge - Review sample received courtesy of SendFudge.com, Thank you for sending me a sample to review!

I hope you will check out SendFudge.com and try out some of their wonderful fudges, and while you are there, check out some of the blog posts by Andrew - he's got a great sense of humor and shares his love of making fudge.  :)

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters