HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Quick Movie Review: Skyline (A Great Alien Invasion Movie With A Surprise and Not-So-Happily-Ever-After Ending)

SkylineWhat started off as a very entertaining movie ended on a very disappointing note. I go to (or more often rent) movies for the entertainment, and YES - the happy ending. This did prove to be entertaining, in fact, my husband and I looked at each other a few times and agreed that it was a good movie, much better than we expected after rumors had it as being a horrible movie (IMDB overall 4.5 out of 10 stars).  That said, as the movie was wrapping up, I kept mumbling that it couldn't be the end, they had to do something better with it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie overall, until the last five to ten minutes.  The acting was good, the cinematography was also good... this was no B movie in my eyes... until the disappointing end!  Then it simply.... for lack of a better word... sucked.

Cudos to the actors.  My heart was certainly racing in more than one scene, and my attention never wandered.  It was also fun to see a few very familiar faces in Eric Balfour (lots of tv shows and movies including What Women Want), Donald Faison (Turk on Scrubs) and Scottie Thompson (NCIS as Jeanne Benoit, Star Trek) and David Zayas who played Oliver (Dexter, Law & Order).

If you are up for an Aliens Vs The World, where the aliens certainly come out on top in the third round, this is the movie for you!  It is a great alien invasion movie.  It might even be worth picking up if you want a change-of-pace from your normal happily-ever-after, but consider yourself warned.  This movie won't cheer you up in the end.


Skyline
starring Eric Balfour, Donald Faison, Scottie Thompson, David Zayas

Universal Studios (March 22, 2011) ~ 94 Minutes
Action / Sci-Fi / Thriller

Edition Reviewed: Redbox Rental Copy!


About the Movie:
It was supposed to be a simple birthday weekend in Southern California. But when sunrise arrives two hours early in the form of a haunting light from an unknown source, a group of friends watch in terror as people across the city are drawn outside and swept into massive alien ships that have blotted out the L.A. skyline. From tankers to drones and hydra-like extraterrestrials, the aliens are inescapable and seemingly indestructible. Now, it will take every survival instinct the group has to elude capture in this riveting, action-packed sci-fi adventure starring Eric Balfour (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Donald Faison ("Scrubs") and Scottie Thompson (Star Trek).

Trailer:


*Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate. I get a very small amount for any purchases made when you click through a link from Wendi's Book Corner, which I then save up to buy more books. :)

2 Comments:

bermudaonion said...

My husband and son might like this one, but I don't think it's my kind of movie.

Angela's Anxious Life said...

So glad someone else is doing movie reviews! I have this one on hold at the library.

Angie

XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters