HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

I think it is safe to say that everyone has their own story of how they came to know the works of Dr. Seuss, and a few probably have yet to discover his stories.

For me, I can tell you I'm no expert, and my walk with Seuss has been short.  You see, I grew up WITHOUT the influence of Dr. Seuss in my life.  My family seemed to think that the books were nonsense, so it wasn't until a VERY heated discussion many years ago with my future sister-in-law and husband that I became intrigued by his books.  They brought up many examples of hidden meanings and we had a lot of fun with our discussions.

Today I am happy to announce that I am filling in our children's bookshelves with many of Dr. Seuss' books... it is with a happy heart and a smile on my face that I wish a VERY happy birthday to Dr. Seuss' memory.

Do you have a fun memory of Dr. Seuss?

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters