HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, April 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: The Tory Widow by Christine Blevins

TEASER TUESDAYS : Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading ~ I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers!

My 2 “Teaser” Sentences for today:

Anne slipped the notice back into her pocket. "I'd be a fool not to take Mr. Rivington up on his offer."

~ p. 229, “The Tory Widow (Uncorrected Proof Edition)" by Christine Blevins

[Please note that this Teaser was taken from an Uncorrected Proof, and there may be differences in the final edition!]




From Amazon:
From the “talented”(Bertrice Small) author of Midwife of the Blue Ridge, a stirring novel set on the brink of the American Revolution.

On a bright May day in New York City, Anne Peabody receives an unexpected kiss from a stranger. Bringing news of the repeal of the Stamp Act, Jack Hampton, a member of the Sons of Liberty, abruptly sweeps Anne into his arms, kisses her—and then leaves her to her fate of an arranged marriage…

1775: Nearly ten years have passed and Anne, now the Widow Merrick, continues her late husband’s business printing Tory propaganda, not because she believes in the cause, but because she needs the money to survive. When her shop is ransacked by the Sons of Liberty, Anne once again comes face to face with Jack and finds herself drawn to the ardent patriot and his rebel cause.

As shots ring out at Lexington and war erupts, Anne is faced with a life-altering decision: sit back and watch her world torn apart, or stand and fight for both her country’s independence and her own.

~ Wendi

15 Comments:

Kristi said...

This looks like a really good book-I like books set in that time period!

zetor said...

I wonder what his offer is????

Anonymous said...

I just finished April Morning, about the Battle of Lexington! Thanks for the teaser!

Anonymous said...

I just finished April Morning, about the Battle of Lexington! Thanks for the teaser!

Harvee said...

I like historical novels, and this sounds like a good one.

Harvee said...

Personal stories always make history easier to read and understand. Nice teaser

Lisa said...

Oh, my! What is Mr. Rivington offering???

Good teaser!

Margot said...

Very tempting teaser. It's been years since I read a historical romance (I'm assuming here) set in this period. This one looks good.

Anonymous said...

Great time period, this is so fun doing the TT, it's giving me lot's of ideas for future reads!

Unknown said...

Nice teaser! This looks like a fascinating book. The problem I have noticed with this Teaser Tuesday thing is that my TBR list is now expanding exponentially. There aren't enough hours in a day!

Wanda said...

Sounds like someone's made an offer that Anne can't refuse.

Staci said...

Great teaser....Mr. Rivington sounds like a sly fox!! I can't wait to read this book!!

Karen Harrington said...

I think that teaser could be a movie trailer! :) You just want to know more.

Caspette said...

Hmm Mr Rivingtons offer had better involve chocolate or if I were her I would chuck him out the window.

Good teaser.

Beth F said...

I really want to read this one! Thanks for the teaser.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters