HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Helper Badges

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

This week's topic: Helper Badges (started on Library Thing Nov. 22, 2008). You can see your badges by clicking on the tab for your Profile, then scrolling down. The badges will be displayed on the right hand side of the screen just under the RSS Feed options, and they look like this: (this is a bronze helper badge, there are also silver and gold)

If you click on the badges, they will take you to your Helper Badges, which will show you what you have received them for:











If you click on the WikiThing link you will go to a wonderful page that explains the possible Helper Badges and how to get them.


Questions: Did you know about Helper Badges? Do you have any badges? If so, what is your highest medal/number? What is your lowest? Do the badges give you any incentive to help add to the areas of LT that they cover (Common Knowledge, Venues, etc)?

My Answer: I stumbled onto the Helper Badges this week as I was looking at a PM from another member. Needless to say, I was very surprised to find that they had been around since November 2008 (Yes - I'm sure they were talked about in the blog, but not being a "regular" LT Blog reader, I missed it!).

I do have two badges: Helper (bronze, highest), with 39 contributions (don't quite know where these came from - the forums???), and Common Knowledge (bronze, lowest) with 38 contributions.

As with lots of things in life, I like to see those stars on my to-do list when I get something done, so I DO enjoy seeing these Helper Badges. I'm already working toward the Local Libraries Helper Badge and will see what else I can tackle. :)

Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

14 Comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Mine is up! Right here.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Hmm, since I don't know, I probably don't have a badge :) I'll check it out, though.

bermudaonion said...

I didn't know about the badges - maybe because I don't have any!

jlshall said...

I knew about the badges, but hadn't checked out my "Helper Badge Page" until today. And here's my report on what I found there!

Missy B. said...

I had no idea about the badges. I will check it out.

Margot said...

Back for my weekly lesson on How to Use LibraryThing. I love it. I sure didn't know these badges were there. But I went and checked and there they were. Thanks Wendi.

caite said...

I got so distracted by the awards, I am a little late. But HERE it is now.

Alea said...

Here's mine!

http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/04/tuesday-thingers-helper-badges.html

Kitten said...

I have to move "checking out Library Thing" higher on my priorities list! I had no idea about the badges!

nicchic said...

Here is my post.

Serena said...

Wendi: The blog is gorgeous! You made some changes! It looks fantastic! Did you do this on your own?

Serena said...

psst....I gave you an award here: http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2009/04/2009-friendly-blogger-award.html

Serena said...

I really am going to have to get an HTML for dummies book. I want to get buttons and cool stuff for my blog too. LOL

Your hard work has paid off!

Florinda said...

Tuesday Thingers on Friday - doesn't look like I've been very helpful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters