HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni-Halevy

TEASER TUESDAYS : Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading ~ I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers!

My 2 “Teaser” Sentences for today:
And so it was. After having obtained her father's consent on both counts, Lapidoth came back with his men, all bearing arms, each day at sunset, in readiness for what the night might bring.

~ p. 112, “The Triumph of Deborah" by Eva Etzioni-Halevy




From Amazon:
The richly imagined tale of Deborah, the courageous Biblical warrior who saved her people from certain destruction

In ancient Israel, war is looming. Deborah, a highly respected leader, has coerced the warrior Barak into launching a strike against the neighboring Canaanites. Against all odds he succeeds, returning triumphantly with Asherah and Nogah, daughters of the Canaanite King, as his prisoners. But military victory is only the beginning of the turmoil, as a complex love triangle develops between Barak and the two princesses.

Deborah, recently cast off by her husband, develops a surprising affinity for Barak. Yet she struggles to rebuild her existence on her own terms, while also groping her way toward the greatest triumph of her life.

Filled with brilliantly vivid historical detail, The Triumph of Deborah is the absorbing and riveting tale of one of the most beloved figures in the Old Testament, and a tribute to feminine strength and independence.

~ Wendi

19 Comments:

Harvee said...

Deborah and Barak? Ooh, this is a story! :))

Good tease.

Sunny said...

Hmmmm...interesting teaser!!

Aimee said...

Nice teaser. I love the look of your blog! I couldn't help but comment on it :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good teaser. I know many have read and liked this book over the past several months. Hope you do too!

Jo-Jo said...

Great teaser Wendi-I just loved this book! My teaser is here.

Alyce said...

I hope you're enjoying the book. I thought it was entertaining, and a fun read but not my all time favorite Bible based fiction or anything.

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

What an interesting teaser and an interesting book summary. I would not have guessed that the book was about what it is without the summary as the teaser leads me in a totally different direction.

Kaye said...

I've read some really good things about this book. Great teaser.
Have a good week

Anonymous said...

Now that does sound dramatic. I hope the rest of the book is as good as your teaser!

ibeeeg said...

Great teaser.
I have been hearing good things about this book. Will need to check it out.

Reverie said...

great teaser. looks like a good book too.

Unknown said...

That is such an arresting cover! I hope you are enjoying this biblical retelling! I don't recall Deborah's story, but I am sure it is very interesting!

Lisa said...

Great teaser! I love books about women who struggled with the norms of their time.

Darlene said...

You picked a good teaser. I really enjoyed this book.

Wanda said...

I love the title and look of this book, a woman who triumphs in biblical time, sounds like a great read!

Thanks for visiting my teaser today and letting me know how things look from your end; I really appreciate that! :)

Karen Harrington said...

Love this. I have this on my list. And thanks for your terrific comments on my blog today. :)

Hilarie said...

Great teaser. Thanks for dropping by my blog today, and especially for linking your teaser!

Caspette said...

I must be going crazy I thought I had responded to this. Clearly not.

Sounds like a great historical fiction novel.

I do not know if Moon Called is like the Kitty series as I have yet to actually read a Kitty book. When I do I will let you know if they are similar!

Jenny Girl said...

SOunds like a brilliant book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters