HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, January 10, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn (A Lady Julia Grey Novel)


TEASER TUESDAYS :
hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading ~



Teaser :

Dark Road to Darjeeling (Lady Julia Grey)
"But why would she do such a thing?" he cried, his anguish thick in the little room.

I looked to Brisbane, but he said nothing.  It had not been his idea to come, and he clearly did not intend to offer me assistance.

~ page 296 “Dark Road to Darjeeling" (A Lady Julia Grey Novel, Book 4) by Deanna Raybourn
Yes - another teaser from Dark Road - it is a wonderful book, but due to a crazy schedule this past week, I'm still reading it. :)

About the Book (from Amazon):
After eight idyllic months in the Mediterranean, Lady Julia Grey and her detective husband are ready to put their investigative talents to work once more. At the urging of Julia's eccentric family, they hurry to India to aid an old friend, the newly widowed Jane Cavendish. Living on the Cavendish tea plantation with the remnants of her husband's family, Jane is consumed with the impending birth of her child—and with discovering the truth about her husband's death. Was he murdered for his estate? And if he was, could Jane and her unborn child be next?

Amid the lush foothills of the Himalayas, dark deeds are buried and malicious thoughts flourish. The Brisbanes uncover secrets and scandal, illicit affairs and twisted legacies. In this remote and exotic place, exploration is perilous and discovery, deadly. The danger is palpable and, if they are not careful, Julia and Nicholas will not live to celebrate their first anniversary.
I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers! ~ Wendi

*Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate.

25 Comments:

BLHmistress said...

OH that teaser sounds really interesting as well as the blurb, might have to add to my list.


My Teaser Tuesday

Calico Crazy said...

I've never read any of these, I'll have to check them out. My teaser is up at Calico Contemplations.

Shelley Munro said...

Snap! My teaser is from the Dark Road to Darjeeling too. I'm really enjoying this series.

Here’s My Teaser

Mystica said...

I tried so hard to get this book in the Melbourne library and failed. This will now have to be dug out from some second hand bookshop only if I am extremely lucky.

Majanka said...

I love the cover of this novel! Nice teaser :) Here's mine for this week!

Marg said...

This is my favourite book of the series so far. I was very excited to see the cover for the next book in the series unveiled this week!

Here is my teaser.

Elysium said...

Great teaser! I've heard good things about this serie.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Interesting teaser.....I have not read anything by this author. Too many books :)

Yvonne said...

Sounds really good. A great teaser!

Belinda said...

Sounds like an amazing read. Hope you continue to enjoy it! You can find my FEVERED teaser at The Bookish Snob

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I think I've seen this one somewhere...it sounds fascinating. Love that cover!

Here's mine:

(click on my name)

Unknown said...

I really like this series but I haven't gotten to this book yet. Looking forward to it.

Alayne said...

I really want to read this series! Great teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Juli Rahel said...

Great Teaser!!! I'm a new follower!! On Twitter as well!!! Hop over to my blog (www.universeinwords.blogspot.com) to see my TT and a new meme, called Lyrical Tuesday!

Mary Grace said...

I've seen this book but didn't seem to really look into it. This is part of a series right? Here's my TT.

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Great teasers! New follower. The background of your blog would go so well with my blog's theme! :D

Happy Reading,
Zakiya - My teasers this week

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-high-spirits-tale-of.html

Alice Audrey said...

Well! That was rather rude of him.

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

This is one of my favorite series, and I've had this book on my shelf for awhile but haven't had the chance to read it yet. I plan to get to it soon, it sounds as good as the others!

My teaser is from The Anatomy of Ghosts:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=2169

April said...

Great teaser! Love the cover on this book as well!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting teaser...thx for sharing^^

here's mine: http://semicrazed.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-11.html

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nice teaser. Sounds like a good book.

Heather said...

Seems to be a popular read these days. Enjoy the rest of it!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sugar and Snark said...

Love the teaser!

The book looks great :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters