HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Movie Review: Rango - Think Twice About Watching This One With Kids

Rango (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)I honestly WANTED to like this movie. After all, it stars Johnny Depp as the cute and funny (or so I thought... but not so funny or cute) lizard who ends up as Sheriff of Dirt. We thought it would be a great family cartoon to watch with the kiddos, but boy were we wrong! It is dark, unkind, boring, and cruel.

Within the first few minutes, you meet a strange almost road-killed armadillo, see his insides with tire treads on them, and eventually see other mutilated animals, really, you thought it would be funny to hang the musical owls from a beam by their necks?  Between that and the horribly gross looking characters, it was just too much.

 In the hopes that the movie would get better, we did stick it out until the end.  Sadly to day, it didn't really get any better.  The end was ok, but I certainly wouldn't sit through the whole thing just to get to the mediocre end.

My husband said, "I know I've seen worse movies... I just can't think of any right now."

My advice: skip this one, especially if you have kids.  You'll end up dealing with nightmares.




Rango (Two Disc Blu-Ray DVD Combo)
starring: Johnny Depp, Timothy Olyphant, Abigail Breslin, Isla Fisher

Paramount Pictures (July 15, 2011) ~ 107 minutes
Kids/Family

Edition Reviewed: Blu-Ray DVD that the hubby picked up


About the Movie Rango:

Get ready to tango with RANGO, a winner with critics and audiences that’s “like nothing you’ve ever seen before” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone). Johnny Depp is spectacular as Rango, a kooky pet chameleon who gets tossed into a wild and raucous town in desperate need of a hero. Refreshingly original with eye-popping animation, RANGO is “loads of fun and genuinely funny” (Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times). And now you can get more RANGO in the Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack with Digital Copy featuring the never-before-seen ending, 10 deleted scenes and exclusive interactive Blu-ray features including picture-in-picture storyboards and an interactive field trip to Dirt, and so much more.

*Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate. I get a very small amount for any purchases made when you click through a link from Wendi's Book Corner, which I then save up to buy more books. :)

6 Comments:

bermudaonion said...

Yikes! And to think they've been marketing that to kids.

cman said...

It looked so dumb in the commercials so that's why I decided not to see/get it. I didn't think it would be like that!

Koupon Krazed said...

Thanks for the heads up! I am hoping by from the hop!

Unknown said...

We have seen ads for this. I does'nt sound like one we will be watching.

Heather S said...

I'm with you. Especially all the swear words and dirty jokes. My daughter is 4 and luckily she didn't as questions, but I thought it was bad.

Mommybug77 said...

my sisters had warned me it was not very kid friendly :(

following from a hop
http://lifewith4girls.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters