HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, July 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Sylvester or the Wicked Uncle by Georgette Heyer


TEASER TUESDAYS :
hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading ~





Sylvester: or The Wicked Uncle
Knowing nothing of what was in his mind Phoebe watched him in perplexity. After a long pause she said, in a constricted tone: 'I collect you have not received my letter, Duke?"

'I have not had that pleasure. How obliging of you to have written to me! To inform me of this affair, no doubt?"


~ page 310 “Sylvester or the Wicked Uncle" by Georgette Heyer

I have to say that this is one of my favorite books and I'm really excited that Sourcebooks has re-printed it, but I don't like the cover... :(

About Sylvester or the Wicked Uncle by Georgette Heyer:

Rank, wealth, and elegance are no match for a young lady who writes novels...

Sylvester, Duke of Salford, has exacting requirements for a bride. Then he meets Phoebe Marlow, a young lady with literary aspirations, and suddenly life becomes very complicated. She meets none of his criteria, and even worse, she has written a novel that is sweeping through the ton and causing all kinds of gossip... and he's the main character!

:) I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers! ~ Wendi

*Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate. I get a very small amount for any purchases made when you click through a link from Wendi's Book Corner, which I then save up and use to buy more books! :)




6 Comments:

Julie @ Read Handed said...

This book sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing this. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

Jennifer said...

Okay, another I must read.
My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays-rules-of-civility-by-amor-towles.html

Anonymous said...

You just reminded me of how much I enjoy her books. I really need to get my hands on another one.

Great teaser. My teaser is here

Anonymous said...

Why on Earth did that post me as anonymous!? It's me, Alice.

Moxiereviews said...

OK, I read more than just your teaser...and my thought was, how awkward! LOL! I've never read this book, but if you write that it's one of your favorites, I'll have to add it to my list. Now you have me curious what the original cover looked liked?....Another teaser! Thanks, Wendi! xx

gautami tripathy said...

What a great teaser! Another book to add?

Sorry for not being around....But better late than never!!!

Here is my Crime Fiction Teaser Tuesday: Borderlands by Brian McGilloway post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters