HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, July 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The 72 Hour Rule: A Do-It-Yourself Couples Therapy Book! By Dr. Margot E Brown


TEASER TUESDAYS :
hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading ~





The 72 Hour Rule: A Do-It-Yourself Couples Therapy Book!
Remember this little trick. Whether or not it is a child or an adult, when you hear someone say out loud, "I can't," I want you to replace that word with "WON'T." Actually, "can not" translates to, "I don't want to."




~ page 48 “The 72 Hour Rule" by Dr. Margot E. Brown

About The 72 Hour Rule by Dr. Margot E. Brown:

The 72 Hour Rule focuses on helping adult individuals and couples to communicate more effectively. This book helps the reader identify their own thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Then, the reader is guided through a series of topics, and real-time stories and exercises that will help them achieve successful communication with their partner. This book provides easy-to-use step-by-step exercises to help couples improve their relationship. This book examines substance abuse, violence, mental illness, unemployment, family dynamics, and affairs as topics of discussion, and is a breakthrough for all partners who avoid couples therapy or who have had a previous negative counseling experience. This book is based on both research and experience. Read this book as a couple together; integrate new communication tools into your relationship. The 72 Hour Rule is a simple and effective guideline to a more caring and connected partnership.

:) I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers! ~ Wendi

*Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate. I get a very small amount for any purchases made when you click through a link from Wendi's Book Corner, which I then save up and use to buy more books! :)

11 Comments:

Moxiereviews said...

Wendi, I'll remember the trick. I'll need to read the book to make sure the situation isn't escalated by saying something like "You wont?" in response to, "I can't."

Kathy Martin said...

This one sounds way to serious for my summer reading. I hope you are enjoying it. My teasers are from Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong and Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey. Happy reading!

Julie @ Read Handed said...

This is so true. It's much easier to remember, though, when I'm talking about other people instead of myself. Thanks for the teaser! If you get a chance, mine is here.

Jennifer G. said...

Sounds interesting. Love the blog, very pretty! New follower :)

http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-river-marked-by-patricia.html

jlshall said...

Interesting teaser. Not sure how much I agree with the thought, but it sounds like an intriguing book.

My teaser's from Mr. Chartwell this week.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that makes 'I can't' sound even worse!

Here's my tease: http://diannehartsock.wordpress.com/my-blog/

Stacey Donaldson said...

I love that! It's not a teaser, it's life lesson! Thanks for sharing :-)

New follower from Teaser Tuesday, here's mine:

http://www.thewritetomakealiving.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-4.html

Bleuette said...

Sounds good! Here's Mine:
http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-9.html

KB said...

Great teaser!

Mine's here

Unknown said...

Love your blog design - peaceful calming colors. Am following your posts, please follow mine. Found your blog on BSN

Sadie said...

Sounds like a helpful book. My honey and I are still in the honeymoon phase though. :)

Found you on the boards @ Blogelina. :) I'm from Randomosity <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters