HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Favorite Books

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

Last week we explored the memes on Library Thing. I also asked for some suggestions, and one of you suggested that we get a little more personal by looking at favorite books, etc. So . . . I'd like to look at favorites.

Questions (yes - there are a bunch - answer one or two . . . or all of them!): What is your favorite book (yes - this may be a hard one!!)? Is your favorite book listed in your LT library? If it is listed, do you have anything special in the tags or comments section? Have you looked to see if you can add any information to the Common Knowledge? AND a little off topic, do you find that your 5-starred books are consistent with your favorites, and is your favorite a 5-star rated book in your library? How have others rated your favorite book? :)

My Answer: I probably have a handful of "favorite" books. One of the favorites that has been a "favorite" the longest is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I find that I can read this book over and over again. My Mom and I read this book together, and both enjoyed it, and I think that is one of the reasons why I like it so much. Sadly, I have not added this favorite to my library on Library Thing. I use LT to track the books I've read and reviewed on my blog since I started in August of 2008, and as I haven't read it since then, it isn't in my library yet! Hmmm - might need to correct that!

As its not listed in my library, I haven't added any tags or comments, and I haven't figured out a good system for tags yet.

Most of the Common Knowledge has already been filled in, and as the book is so widely read, and has been around for so long, I have a feeling that I probably won't be able to find anything to add, but I will look more closely later.

As far as the 5-star ratings in my library, I sorted my library by the star ratings and was surprised at a few of them, as they don't really compare to my true "favorites", so I think I need to go back and re-star the books in my library.

Over 6,000 people have rated Pride and Prejudice, and overall, it has 4.52 stars. Over 4,000 people have given it 5 stars!! :) I guess I'm not the only person who really enjoys this book.

Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

21 Comments:

Julie said...

Here is mine, happy Tuesday to all!!!
http://julyso4463.blogspot.com/

bermudaonion said...

Great questions, but it would be far too difficult to choose just one book. That would like asking a mother to choose her favorite child.

caite said...

lol...I said the same thing and I don't even have kids!

But I did answer the question...in my way. And here it is!

Library Cat said...

Here is my answer for this week.
LibrarysCat

Anonymous said...

Great question! My answer is here.

I had the same thought about chosing a favourite child!

Anonymous said...

I'm away from home right now - so I'm answering this here very briefly - P & P is one of my favourite books. I've only recently found the Common Knowledge sections, and I doubt very much I can add anything to this one.

My starring system is very inconsistent - I need to be more careful. My tags are too vague to be of much use - it all takes lots of time!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I usually hate answering the Favorite Book(s) question but HERE'S my Thinger.

Anonymous said...

Very hard to pick just one although Little Women has probably been on my list of favorites the longest. Since I am so new to LibraryThing I am learning new things each week. I just figured the stars out. Now I will go back and find Common Knowledge. This Tuesday Thinger is a good educational resource for me. Thanks.

kayerj said...

you should try using Mr. Linky for those of us who don't know how to create a link in a comment--anyone willing to share the knowledge?

I'm playing

Blodeuedd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blodeuedd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blodeuedd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blodeuedd said...

Yup I totally spammed Wendis blog when I tried to explain, so if anyone want to know how to creat a link just find me.

I really must participate next week :D

And Wendi, there is an Award for you at my place :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

Mine is FINALLY up - right here!

jlshall said...

I seem to be getting here later every week! Anyway, here's mine.

susan said...

Here's mine. I'm with bermuda. lol

Ana S. said...

I have 46 books under my favourites tag. Hadn't realized it was quite that many :P But many are by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, and I find it hard not to love anything those two write. If I had to pick an absolute favourite, though, it'd be Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.

nicchic said...

Finally posted mine!

http://myobsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/tuesday-thingers_24.html

Alea said...

Here's mine!

http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/03/tuesday-thingers-favorite-books.html

Florinda said...

Tuesday Thingers on Friday - in which I (slightly) dodge the question :-).

Jenners said...

Even though I don't always do these ... I love reading them and learning more about Library Thing. Someday I'll get to do all these things! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters