HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: Frederica by Georgette Heyer

TEASER TUESDAYS : Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading ~ I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers!

My 2 “Teaser” Sentences for today:

"Well, to be sure, I'm not very familiar with rakes - in fact, I never met one before! - but I'm not such a wet-goose that I don't know you are a gentleman - however uncivil you may be, or whatever improper things you may say! I daresay that sort of carelessness comes of having been born into the first rank."

~ p. 102, “Frederica" by Georgette Heyer




From Amazon:
One of readers favorites, Frederica is full of surprises

When Frederica brings her younger siblings to London determined to secure a brilliant marriage for her beautiful sister, she seeks out their distant cousin the Marquis of Alverstoke. Lovely, competent, and refreshingly straightforward, Frederica makes such a strong impression that to his own amazement, the Marquis agrees to help launch them all into society.

Lord Alverstoke cant resist wanting to help her

Normally wary of his family, which includes two overbearing sisters and innumerable favor-seekers, Lord Alverstoke does his best to keep his distance. But with his enterprising - and altogether entertaining - country cousins getting into one scrape after another right on his doorstep, before he knows it the Marquis finds himself dangerously embroiled...

~ Wendi

28 Comments:

Margot said...

I keep saying this: I must read a Georgette Heyer book one of these days. It sounds like a fun historical. Good teaser.

Jessica said...

I LOVE Georgette Heyer! Great teaser!

zetor said...

I wonder if she is going to get a wake-up call soon!Good teaser.

Harvee said...

Sounds like a nice period romance!

Zia said...

Great teaser! I'm intrigued.

kayerj said...

I love reading books from this era, it must be a romance. nice teaser and thanks for stopping by

Andrea said...

good teaser, sounds like a great book

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I'm reading this one now. I'm not so far along as that quote, but I am very much enjoying what I have read.

Anonymous said...

I've never read Georgette Heyer, but love this teaser so will check her out!

Karen Harrington said...

Great teaser. I love books in this era. :)

Missy B. said...

Hmmmm, I don't read these types of books. What is a rake? I am assuming it is a man? LOL

Anonymous said...

Nice teaser. Isn't Georgette Heyer wonderful?!

Whitney said...

Great teaser! I've never read anything by Georgette Heyer but I'm intrigued the book description of Frederica, I may have to check it out.

Kerri said...

Sounds like a good read. I've never heard of Georgette Heyer before.

Jenny Girl said...

Great Teaser Wendi! I swear I'll read a Heyer book before the year is out.

Nancy said...

Ohhh that sounds very good. Her books always have great covers

HERE is my Teaser Tuesday post

Melissa O. said...

Great teaser, I hope you enjoy the book! It's one of my favorites by Heyer.

Here's my teaser.

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

What a great teaser, Wendi!

I have written this book on my wish list :)

Eileen said...

Awww, that teaser was so cute!

Darlene said...

Good teaser. I've not read this one of Heyer's but probably will eventually. I've got a couple of hers to review in June.

Phyl said...

wow, I haven't read Georgette Heyer in years. Great teaser! I love the obvious spunk and wit of the speaker.

Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

Staci said...

I love that term "rake" great teaser Wendi!!

The Bumbles said...

Yeah - I'm with Missy - what the heck is a rake? I thought she was talking about gardening which got me to thinking of all the mulch I spread this weekend - and then when I came back from my wanderings I read further and got really confused! Sounds like the kind of guy I'd get paired up with - uncivil and improper ;0)

BurtonReview said...

I love Heyer!! Great teaser!
Thanks for stopping by my mailbox :)

Beth F said...

I'm one of the few people who never read a Heyer. Good teaser.

J.S. Peyton said...

I just bought my first Georgette Heyer book: Cousin Kate. I have't had time to read it just yet, but I look forward to the time when I will!

lisa-marie said...

Sounds like a wonderfully fun book!

Caspette said...

I havent heard of this author. Great teaser.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters