HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Clouds

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

Did you know that clouds can provide you a visual way to see the tags and authors you have in your library, and the more you have of a certain author or tag, the bigger the name/word will be?


Where to look for your clouds: Go to your profile tab, then look down the items of your profile (on mine, Clouds is the 4th item down the page). You can select either the cloud for your tags, or your authors.


Be sure to check out the Tag Mirror (once you click on a cloud, it will be an option below the tabs across your screen), which shows you how other Library Thing users have tagged the books you have. I loved seeing this one!!

Questions: Have you looked at your LT Clouds? Were you surprised at any of the larger tags within the Tag Mirror? Any thoughts on the clouds in general?

My Answer:
This is really the first time I've looked at my clouds. I've seen some widgets on a few blogs that show author clouds, and thought they were neat. When I was browsing for a topic for this week's Thinger, I saw this and decided it was time for me to discover what clouds were all about. It only took me a few moments to realize that they are a visual way to see that the more books I have by a particular author, the larger that author's name is in my Author Cloud. This was really fun, and kind of surprising to me - you see, when I find an author I enjoy, I tend to try to get a bunch of their books onto my shelves. Then I realized that I really only add books to my LT bookshelf as I review them on my blog, and since I've only been blogging since August of last year, I don't have a lot of books from specific authors on there yet. :)


I loved seeing the Tag Mirror! You see, I've never really figured out how to use tags (or why) on my bookshelf, so to see what other people have tagged the same books I've got was a lot of fun, and it has given me an idea of what to add to my books if I ever want to tag them.

*I've used SnagIt to capture the screenshots of part of my clouds
Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

10 Comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've looked at my author cloud and that's fun but not very surprising. I'll have to take a look at the other options.

caite said...

I didn't know about the mirror tag...that is cool, as is MY POST...lol

Library Cat said...

Clouds! Inside and out today for me! Here is my post.

jlshall said...

Clouds for a cloudy day (at least around here). This was a fun topic! My post is up.

Alea said...

Here's mine!

http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/05/tuesday-thingers-clouds.html

nicchic said...

Here is my post for this week!

Kaye said...

Hi Princess Wendi, I've given you an award. Stop by for the logo when you get a chance. Have a great day!

Serena said...

Psst...i gave you an award here: http://www.savvyverseandwit.com/2009/05/true-fairy-tale-award-more.html

Margot said...

Hi Wendi,
You may have already covered this in previous Tuesday Thingers but . . . I was trying to post my first review to LT. It must have taken me a half hour. There is nothing that says "click here to post your review". At least I did not see it. What do others do? I finally clicked on someone else's review of the same book and it opened up a spot for me. Just a suggeston for TT.

Florinda said...

Tuesday Thingers on Friday :-).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters