HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, February 9, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Many thanks to Marcia at The Printed Page for hosting Mailbox Monday every week!

It is so much fun to see what everyone is getting in the mail.

Thanks for taking the time to visit ~ I just love hearing from you! Please let me know if you have read any of these books - I'd love to hear how you liked them!! :)

Here are the books that came into my house last week:

Yikes! I received a bunch of books last week, and since I'm starting The Husband Project today, and still need to get the Tuesday Thinger ready to post tonight, I'm going to keep the descriptions really short! If you want extra information on a book (or where I got it), just leave me a comment or email me at wbarker at hotmail.com

AudioBooks:

I Am America, And So Can You by Stephen Colbert - Many thanks to Kathy over at Bermudaonion's Weblog for passing this along to me - my husband actually said "Sweet" when he saw this on the counter! LOL - I've never heard that come out of his mouth before!!

Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell

First, for the special WildCard Romantic Tour (Feb. 25th):

For Couples Only (For Women Only/For Men Only Books) by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn - Non-Fiction

I Do Again by Cheryl & Jeff Scruggs - Non Fiction

The Love As A Way Of Life Devotional by Gary Chapman and Elisa Stanford - Non-Fiction

From Valerie on Twitter (Twitter Friday Freebie), a wonderful collection of books published by FaithWords!

Angry Conversations With God ARC by Susan E. Isaacs - Spiritual memoir

Be Your Best by Joyce Meyer - A wonderful and beautiful magazine style book with great tips for life!

Claim Your Victory Today by Dr. Creflo A. Dollar - Non-Fiction / Christian Living

Not Easily Broken by T.D. Jakes - Fiction / Christian - "Now A Major Motion Picture"

Walking in the Confidence of God in Troubled Times by Dr. Creflo A. Dollar - Non-Fiction / Christian Living

A Walk With Christ to the Cross by Dawson McAllister - Christian Living / Inspirational

And now . . . for the rest!

Age Before Beauty by Virginia Smith - Fiction / Christian - many thanks to Virginia for sending me an autographed copy for an upcoming WildCard Tour!

The Agency by Ally O'Brien - Fiction - I've got a giveaway for 15 winners of this book right now!

The Age of Orphans ARC by Laleh Khadivi - Fiction - Shelf Awareness find

Jesus Take The Wheel by Stuart Migdon - Non-Fiction / Christian Living - Many thans to Donna of Write By Faith where I won this in one of her great giveaways!

The Juice Fasting Bible by Sandra Cabot, MD - Non-Fiction

Land of Marvels (Galley) by Barry Unsworth - Fiction - Shelf Awareness find

Love Is a Four-Letter Word ARC edited by Michael Taeckens - Non-Fiction / Popular Culture

Summer World ARC by Bernd Heinrich - Shelf Awareness find

Too Tall Alice by Barbara Worton and Dom Rodi - Childrens book - Bostick Communications

The Towering World of Jimmy Choo ARC by Lauren Goldstein Crowe and Sagra Maceira de Rosen - Popular Culture / Fashion - Shelf Awareness find

Tuck by Stephen R. Lawhead - Fiction / Christian - for upcoming WildCard Tour



What was in your mailbox last week??

If you would like to participate in Mailbox Monday, head over to The Printed Page and grab the logo. Make sure to visit other blogs hosting Mailbox Monday and comment/leave your link!

12 Comments:

Serena said...

Holy cow wendi! O my Good luck with all that reading, though I doubt you will need it.

Anonymous said...

What a week you had! I'm glad the audio book came. I hope you and your hubby enjoy it.

Passages to the Past said...

Geesh woman...how many mail boxes do you have?! I sure hope you tip your post man at Christmas! Ha!

I think my hubby would be the same way with the Colbert book too! All the books I get never get a second glance from him!

Unknown said...

Woohoo, your mailbox runneth over this week : )

Virginia Smith said...

Yuo're very welcome, Wendi. Hope you like the book. And ALL THOSE OTHER BOOKS -- man, you're going to be a very busy lady!

wisteria said...

Amazing mass of books you received. I hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I got the Age of Orphans also. Can't wait to read it.

tanabata said...

Wow! You sure did get a lot of books last week. Those should keep you busy! Happy reading!

Jenners said...

Good Lord! Your mailperson must HATE you! Love your husband's reaction to the Stephen Colbert book! Too funny! Of all of the books you got, that is the one I would have picked out for myself!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Wendi I am so happy to see I wasn't the only one with a stack of books last week. You got some great books. I see I few that I requested on your list hoping to get them in the mail soon.

Kristen said...

Good gravy you got a lot of books this week! I have this image in my head of your mailbox simply bowed over by the weight. LOL! Enjoy all the reading you have in front of you.

Lexi said...

Wow! Quite a haul! Do you get this many books every week?! I'd never have room in my house for all this. Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. At least we know who is getting all the books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters