HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Where Do You Get Your Books (And How Do You Keep Track Of Them?)

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

This week, our question is inspired by all the group threads that are dedicated to finding the next great book to review.

In order review books on your blog - you've got to GET books!

Today's question: How do you get your books for reviewing? (Feel free to participate in the poll below, you can check more than one answer) Do you track them somehow (excel, database, etc), or just put them in a tbr (To Be Read for anyone that doesn't know) pile?


How Do You Obtain Your Review Books?




My Answer: As far as how I get my books, it is really a combination of everything except going to the library - my tbr pile is simply so big that there is no need to go to the library, and I really enjoy reading arcs, so the books aren't usually in the library yet.

I do request a few books via cold requests, but participate with WildCard Tours, Hachette promotional tours/giveaways and get a lot of new books from Shelf Awareness and Bostick. LOL - I've got some really great contacts but I don't seem to be organized enough to keep them all straight! That is a project I'll have to do in the near future.

As for how I track my tbr books, I'm trying to keep track of them in Excel, but actually might switch to an access database if I can figure out a few things.

Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

24 Comments:

Julie said...

Mine is up, happy Tuesday everyone!
http://julyso4463.blogspot.com/

Lenore Appelhans said...

Here is mine for today!

Yvonne said...

Mine is up

http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/02/tuesday-thingers_17.html

caite said...

Forth is not bad...

HERE is my ode to the TBR pile.

RAnn said...

I'm up. Thanks for inviting me!

Anonymous said...

Great questions! Here is my post for this week. It's nice to be back in the swing of things.

Anonymous said...

Here is mine.

bermudaonion said...

I get my books from all over too. I keep a database for books I'm expecting but I don't include books I buy or check out of the library on it.

caite said...

I used to keep a database for requests...and I should, but I let it go by the wayside.

Michele said...

Here is my answer for today.

Shana said...

My post is HERE. Great questions, Wendi!

Jenners said...

Well I am fairly new to book blogging so I'm just discovering some of these resources. I somehow got on the Bostick Communications e-mail list but I'm not sure exactly how ... I think I missed something somewhere but I've gotten a few books from them. Most of my ARC have come from LT's Early Reviewer thing ... though I only got 2 and then I haven't been picked for the past few months. And Paula from Author Management Experts actually tracked ME down to offer me a review copy based on a comment I left at another book blog -- so that was really cool.

Anonymous said...

I'm up here.

Literature Crazy said...

I'm up here.

Melissa said...

Mine is up here.

RAnn said...

What is Bostick?

Alyce said...

Sorry if this is a duplicate comment.

Here's my post.

jlshall said...

Late again. The holiday yesterday has me all off-track this week! But my answer's here.

Bonnie said...

My Post is
HERE.

It would have been interesting to see LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program as an option in the poll to tie it in to LibraryThing. I'm always curious how many people actually get books on a regular basis from ER's.

Mari said...

Here is mine for this week. Happy Tuesday!

Alea said...

Here is mine!

http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/02/tuesday-thingers_17.html

Lisa said...

I'm late, but it is technically still Tuesday - here goes!

Jenny Girl said...

I'm late but anyway, my reviews are books I want to read. I just startd my blog this year so, I've never been given an ARC; though I would love to try one. Someday :)

Florinda said...

Tuesday Thingers on Friday, as usual :-).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters