HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, February 16, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: Gingham Mountain (Lassoed in Texas #3) by Mary Connealy

TEASER TUESDAYS : Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading ~ I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers!


My 2 “Teaser” Sentences for today:

With a sigh, Hannah wondered how she'd come to a point in her life that she had to choose between hugging up against a man who delighted in insulting her or rolling off a cliff. One prospect was as unpleasant as the other.

~ p. 99, “Gingham Mountain" by Mary Connealy






About the book (from Amazon): All aboard for a delightful, suspense-filled romance, where a Texan is torn between his attraction to a meddlesome schoolmarm and the charms of a designing dressmaker. When Hannah Cartwright meets Grant, she's determined to keep him from committing her orphans to hard labor on his ranch. How far will she go to ensure their welfare? Grant is determined to provide a home for the two kids brought in by the orphan train. Can he keep his ragtag family together while steering clear of love and marriage?

~ Wendi

21 Comments:

Kaye said...

Lol, is there a third choice? Sounds like a little bit of antagonism there. Must make for interesting reading though.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

That is quite a choice!!

Shelly B said...

Interesting! Thanks for stopping by my blog. My book is set in the past, and the grandmother is very old fasioned, hence why she said that.

zetor said...

Oh Boy what a choice!

Erika Powell said...

now there is a decision! great teaser

Anonymous said...

LOL, poor thing! Sounds like an intersting read.

Cheryl Pitt said...

Sorry, I posted the wrong link. My TT is here:

http://unadorned-book.blogspot.com/2009/02/teaser-tuesdays-scream-free-parenting.html

Nise' said...

Enjoyed this book, hope you are too.

Anonymous said...

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place—not a good day to be Hannah...

Unknown said...

Haha, you mean that feeling isn't normal? However, it doesn't sound like this is a good thing for her to be thinking about...

cecilia

Jo-Jo said...

Great teaser-doesn't sound like a choice I want to be making any time soon! Mine is here.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I love the "rolling off a cliff" part.

Mine's here

Anonymous said...

Great teaser. I read the first chapter of this book yesterday on MizB's blog but it didn't feature Hannah. This is one series I have to read based on the little bit I've heard so far.

The Bumbles said...

I think I'd take the cliff. Bumbles do bounce after all ;0)

Kim said...

I love it!!! :) What a great teaser.
Regarding your comment on my blog--yeah for your great grandma--getting married at age 90! My grandma will be 91 this April but I am pretty sure the last thing she wants to do is get married again. ;)
*smiles*
Kim

Alyce said...

That is such a great teaser! That one made me laugh. :)

sally906 said...

LOL - great teaser - I'm guessing she didn't roll over the cliff

Beth F said...

Haaa! That's a great teaser! I think I'd be looking for door no. 3.

S. Krishna said...

I liked the fact that you included the book synopsis along with the teaser - great idea!

Jenny Girl said...

well ye-ha!
The synopsis is a great touch.

Anne said...

Sounds like a good read. =) I'll look that up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters