HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni-Halevy

TEASER TUESDAYS : Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading ~ I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers!

My 2 “Teaser” Sentences for today:


Barak could no longer comprehend the hurdles Deborah was strewing on his path. She was shying away from the act, assuming the demeanor of an innocent young maiden, rather than that of the mature woman she was. "Is it possible that you are reneging on your promise?" he asked, raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

~ p. 95, “The Triumph of Deborah" by Eva Etzioni-Halevy






From Amazon:
The richly imagined tale of Deborah, the courageous Biblical warrior who saved her people from certain destruction

In ancient Israel, war is looming. Deborah, a highly respected leader, has coerced the warrior Barak into launching a strike against the neighboring Canaanites. Against all odds he succeeds, returning triumphantly with Asherah and Nogah, daughters of the Canaanite King, as his prisoners. But military victory is only the beginning of the turmoil, as a complex love triangle develops between Barak and the two princesses.

Deborah, recently cast off by her husband, develops a surprising affinity for Barak. Yet she struggles to rebuild her existence on her own terms, while also groping her way toward the greatest triumph of her life.

Filled with brilliantly vivid historical detail, The Triumph of Deborah is the absorbing and riveting tale of one of the most beloved figures in the Old Testament, and a tribute to feminine strength and independence.

~ Wendi

21 Comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I loved this book. One of my favourites of 2008!

Here is my post!

Jo-Jo said...

Nice teaser Wendi! I am also reading this book so I know what promise he is talking about...he he he. My teaser is here.

Jenny Girl said...

Great teaser.
Puts me in mind of the Red Tent.

Nise' said...

Looks like another one to add to my TBR list.

jlshall said...

I don't read much historical fiction, but I might have to take a look at this one. Good teasers!

Caspette said...

Interesting teaser I am going to look into this book further.

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am new to blogging so I just about bubbled over with joy when I saw 5 comments today. I think it is a personal record LOL

I know what you mean about Zoo and animal books in general.They seem to be a fad dont they.

I love Zoo's which is one reason I was drawn to the title :)

Deeptesh said...

I loved it!Do chk out my poems on www.deepteshpoetry.blogspot.com.It'll b lovely 2 hear 4m u!

Deeptesh

Wanda said...

Hi Wendi, I didn't realize this was a biblical read when I commented on Jo-Jo's teaser...

Thanks for checking out my teaser. :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good teaser. I've read many good reviews for this book in the past weeks.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I didn't know this was Biblical either. I think I'd enjoy this book. I've heard only positive remarks about it. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lynda said...

I've seen this book on a few blogs now - everyone says it's interesting. Thanks for the teaser ;0)

Shelly B said...

Like that one! Still a dull ache w/the migraine, so I stayed home, but the computer isn't bothering me yet.

Leya said...

I've been meaning to get this one. Sounds pretty good.

Happy reading!

S. Krishna said...

I've heard really good things about this book! Nice teaser!

TexasRed said...

Ohhhh.... nice teaser!

Unknown said...

How did you know that I love biblical retellings?! Probably just a coincidence. I don't know too much about Deborah and Barak, but I will be soon finding out, thanks to you! :D

cecilia

Anonymous said...

That looks like three sentences to me!! LOL

Anonymous said...

This looks great.

Kim said...

This sounds steamy! ;) Great teaser...
*smiles*
Kim

Alice said...

I haven't read this before but it sure sounds good from the look of that teaser! :D

Jen said...

Great teaser! Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters