HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Many thanks to Marcia at The Printed Page for hosting Mailbox Monday every week!

It is so much fun to see what everyone is getting in the mail.

Thanks for taking the time to visit ~ I just love hearing from you! Please let me know if you have read any of these books - I'd love to hear how you liked them!! :)

I know it has been quite a while since I've participated in Mailbox Monday (due to morning sickness and an excess of doctor's appointments!), but I'm hoping to be back normally from here on out. :) Here are the books that came into my house last week:

Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran - Historical Fiction - Received via Shelf Awareness I think.
Partial Amazon Description: Based on meticulous research, Cleopatra’s Daughter is a fascinating portrait of imperial Rome and of the people and events of this glorious and most tumultuous period in human history. Emerging from the shadows of the past, Selene, a young woman of irresistible charm and preternatural intelligence, will capture your heart.

Guardian of the Flame ARC by T.L. Higley - Fiction / Christian - Received from the author/publisher for an upcoming WildCard Tour.
Partial Amazon Description: Guardian of the Flame is book three in the Seven Wonders series of novels transporting readers back to the Ancient World. Characters struggle to find meaning in a pagan society and are confronted by the one true God and His message of redemption.
The year is 48 BC. Sophia, a woman hurt by past loss, guards the famous lighthouse of Alexandria, Egypt, in order to hide herself away from a world she deems cruel and unloving. But there is no escape. Political turmoil swells as Roman general Julius Caesar and his legion storm the city, and Cleopatra, Greek queen of Egypt , fights to retain her country against both Caesar and bloodthirsty rivals within her own household. Sophia is caught in the middle between a loyalty to Cleopatra and her maddening interest in Bellus, the Roman soldier whom Caesar has instructed to overtake the lighthouse.


The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel by Maureen Lindley - Historical Fiction - Received via Shelf Awareness.
Partial Amazon Description: Based on the true story of a rebellious woman who earned a controversial place in history, The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel is a vibrant reimagining of a thrilling life—a rich historical epic of palace intrigue, sexual manipulation, and international espionage.

The Scandals of an Innocent by Nicola Cornick - Historical Romance - Received via Amazon Vine Program.
Partial Amazon Description: Miss Alice Lister feels anything but respectable. Bad enough that she is a maid-turned-heiress. Now the insufferably attractive Lord Miles Vickery is certain he can gain her fortune by blackmailing her into marriage—even though it was his deceitful charm that broke her heart once before. But she's positive the terms of her inheritance will prove an impossible task. After all, what rake could be completely honest for three long months?
For his part, Miles finds his newfound frankness invaluable in entangling Alice in positions deliciously unbecoming of a lady. Of course, he doesn't yet know that he's falling hopelessly in love with this formidable innocent…or that he will soon go to impossible lengths to prove himself hers forever….



What was in your mailbox last week??

If you would like to participate in Mailbox Monday, head over to The Printed Page and grab the logo. Make sure to visit other blogs hosting Mailbox Monday and comment/leave your link!

12 Comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Loving all those books :) What a great mailbox

bermudaonion said...

I got Cleopatra's Daughter too and I can't wait to read it! I hope you enjoy it.

Zia said...

I see a couple that would interest me. Happy reading!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I got The Private Papers Of Eastern Jewel too. Great Mailbox! I loved The Heretic Queen and Nefertiti by Michelle Moran. I hope Cleopatra's Daughter is as good. Looking forward to your reviews.

Serena said...

Looks like we have some books in common. Happy reading.

Jacqueline C. said...

Cleopatra's Daughter and The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel are on my TBR pile too! The Scandals of an Innocent looks good - I'll have to look out for that one.

The Book Chick said...

What a great mailbox week! I hope that your morning sickness gets better....I remember those days!

cindysloveofbooks said...

I love all the covers of the books. They all sound good. Can't wait to hear what you think of them. Enjoy.

DCMetroreader said...

I've been reading alot about Cleopatra's Daughter.

Ryan said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hi. I'm really wanting to read Cleopatra's Daughter.

Anna said...

Those all sound good! I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

Glad you're back. I was wondering where you were. Congrats!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Kristen said...

The Scandals of an Innocent looks fantastic!

I'm terribly impressed you can read at all with morning sickness. If it wasn't printed on or in the toilet bowl, there was no chance I was reading when I was pregnant with my first. :-0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters