HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, September 21, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: The Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren

TEASER TUESDAYS : are hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading ~

My Teaser for today:

I admit it - I longed, prayed, pleaded for rain. Or sleet. Or a blizzard the likes of which the county had never seen. [Marianne is getting ready to be the football team's trout mascot as Bud had a heart-attack and the team needed someone to fill his shoes while he was out]

~ p. 57, “The Great Christmas Bowl" by Susan May Warren

If you like the teaser, be sure to stop by my review here!




About the Book (from the LitFuse Book Tour):
Marianne Wallace is focused on two things this holiday season: planning the greatest family Christmas ever and cheering on her youngest son’s team in their bid for the state championship.

Disaster strikes when the team loses their mascot-the Trout. Is it going too far to ask her to don the costume? So what if her husband has also volunteered her to organize the church Christmas tea.

When football playoffs start ramping up, the Christmas tea starts falling apart. Then, one by one her children tell her they can’t come home for Christmas.

As life starts to unravel, will Marianne remember the true meaning of the holidays?

I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers! ~ Wendi

30 Comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

This sounds good! Thanks for visiting today!!

Ryan said...

Sounds like a great book. Really good review.

Alice said...

Interesting teaser, Wendi!

Jennifer said...

I loved this book. I hope you are enjoying it!
Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/to-be-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

Lisa said...

Poor Marianne! A trout? What kind of mascot is that?!?

My teaser is here.

ibeeeg said...

Your teaser has intrigued me.
This sounds like a good book to read close to the holidays.

Here is my Teaser Tuesday

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

Your teaser tells me this book is either funny or very weird.

Lisa said...

sounds interesting

Here's Mine

gautami tripathy said...

It intrigues me..

Teaser/Whereabouts Tuesdays: Tintin and Cigars of the Pharaoh by Hergé

Zia said...

Sounds like a good book. Nice teaser!

BurtonReview said...

CUTE teaser.. sounds fun!

Amat Libris said...

Praying for a blizzard? I'm feeling cold just thinking about it!

Natalie W said...

Sounds like a great read!
Nice teaser.

JoAnn said...

Guess she wasn't looking forward to it - lol!

Anonymous said...

This sounds comical! I would probably be wishing for the same if I had to be a school mascot!

Anonymous said...

Heh I'd be praying for a blizzard too! Good teaser :)

Staci said...

I think that would be nerve-wracking. I would so be doing the snow dance!! LOL!

abi said...

Just for the records: I'll be holding a book tour on this book the week of Oct. 12th with a book giveaway.

Thanks for visiting my teaser. I have been seeing alot about your book too. Sounds like a fun book.

Anonymous said...

I love holiday books. Fun teaser.

JLS Hall (Joy's Blog) said...

Yes, a blizzard would probably be my preference, too, in that situation. Great teaser! Sounds like a good read.

Amy said...

Fun! I need to get in the mood for the holidays!

Lizzy said...

Haha I thought my mascot was bad...but it wasn't a trout. Great teaser!

Tam @ Bailey's and Books said...

Wow, trout mascot - can certainly see why someone might pray for rain. Good teaser.

Book Bird Dog said...

Nice teaser for the coming holidays. Thanks for visiting!

kayerj said...

interesting teaser, sounds like a good read for the holidays. thanks for stopping by.

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

I think I would be praying for rain and doing a rain dance if I was asked to dress up like a trout. So did she end up doing it and how was it?

Jo-Jo said...

Man...I would probably be praying for a blizzard too! Great teaser.

Andrea said...

Oh, not that's not good. Great teaser!

Unknown said...

Great teaser! I really liked your review of this book, too. I'm adding this to my TBR list for holiday reading ( I like reading books that include Christmas in the story over the holidays).

Leslie said...

great teaser!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters