Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.
This week's Thinger topic comes from Caite, over at A Lovely Shore Breeze, who was SO wonderful ~ she came up with a suggestion and even helped me understand how it works, so a HUGE Thank You goes out to Caite!! (This post on She Is Too Fond Of Books gave her the idea.)
This week, we have another way to track our ever-expanding Wish Lists! Through the use of "Collections" you can add a book to your Wishlist without adding it to your Library. How do you do this?? Easy!!
1. Go to the tab marked Add Books
2. Type in the Title, ISBN, etc
3. When you see the book listed, click the Edit Book option
4. Just under the section where you can add tags, you will see a Collections topic, click the button that says Show All
5. Un-check Your Library (removes it from your current books), and check the box next to Wishlist
6. Hit Save, and you are done!
So now you ask, "Now What???"
1.Well. . . you can also add where you saw/heard of the book under Private Comments (when editing the book details), which are only viewable by you. (You can even include a link to a review if you want to!)
2. I believe you can share your Wishlist with friends and relatives by posting the permalink online or including it in an email (to do this, go to Your Books, change the Your Library drop down list to Wishlist and scroll to the bottom. There is a little linky that says permanent link, and if you click on that it changes the address and you can copy/paste it wherever you want to put it!!
Questions: Have you explored/used the Wishlist collection on Library Thing yet? If so, have you found it helpful? Do you have any other tips or uses for the Wishlist collection? Any suggestions for next week's topic?
Until Caite had suggested the Wishlist as a topic, I hadn't really explored it very much. I remember when the people at Library Thing made the Collections feature available. . . but other than a glance at it, I haven't really explored it.
This does make for a really nice way to track all those books I end up saying - "I've GOT to read that. . .now where is that pesky list. . . " especially as I read reviews, visit Mailbox Monday posts, read great Teasers, etc. :)
Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!
If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!