HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, September 7, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Have You Completed Any Series Lately?

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

Last week we took a peek into where our books take place. This week, I thought it would be fun to return to our Statistics and take a look at our series. Go to your statistics page, look down the column on the left hand side, and find the heading that says Common Knowledge. Then click on the link that says Series. It will take you to a page that will tell you the number of series you've read books from, and show you the lists and book numbers within the series. Before you visit your series page, try to guess how many series you've read books from! Then compare your guess to the actual statistics :)

Questions: Have you explored the Series feature of your Statistics? Were you surprised by how many series you have/haven't read? Were your series mostly complete, or did you find that you had only read one book from a lot of different series? What was the largest number of books in a series? Feel free to answer a few or all of these questions. :)

My Answer:
If I had thought to guess how many series I had read over the past year or so (which is how long I've updated my Library Thing shelves), I would have guessed about 8-10. . . so imagine my shock when I found out that I've read books from AT LEAST 17 different series! I'm especially shocked as I haven't done a good job of adding books this year. I really need to take a day and set it aside to update my shelves/reviews!

While I expected to have some series that I only had a few books from, I was amazed to see that I've read books from 8 series, in which I haven't read all the books in the series. . . now at least two of these were Harlequin romance series, and I KNOW I'm not going to read the complete series as there are simply too many. . . one is book #1414.

The largest completed series I've got in my book shelf is the Kitty Norville Series by Carrie Vaughn, which has 6 books.

Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

8 Comments:

Catherine said...

Here's my answer: http://miscellaneousmumblings.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesdays-and-tuesday-thingers.html

I have books on LT from over 300 series - but a big wishlist and an awful lot of very lonely green ticks! :)

bermudaonion said...

I was surprised to see I have books from 61 series - of course, I haven't read all of those books listed!

caite said...

it seems I read a lot of series..more than I knew. here is My Answer.

Elena said...

Here's my response: Tuesday Thingers Post

This was a lot of fun.

Lenore Appelhans said...

My answer is up:

http://presentinglenore.blogspot.com/2009/09/library-thing-tuesday-70-picture-of.html

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I think the last series I read was the Harry Potter books. The LT definition of series doesn't really line up with mine ...

nicchic said...

Here's my post.

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

I had no idea that the statistics could show me what I'd read that was part of a series. That is a great resource to see what's left to be read. Very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters