HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, October 5, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: A Match For Mary Bennet ARC by Eucharista Ward


TEASER TUESDAYS : hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading ~



My Teaser :


Miss Johnstone smiled in a superior manner, making Mary aware for the first time of the gap between her front teeth. "As her sister, I suppose you would defend her. But mark my words: Her impudence will cost her dearly one day."

[Although I have not reached this point in the book yet, I believe Miss Johnstone is talking about Lizzy, now Mrs. Darcy ~ please also note that this is an ARC edition, so the final version may differ slightly form this one.]

~ p. 197, “A Match for Mary Bennet ARC" by Eucharista Ward



About the Book (from Amazon):



From Amazon: A unique and inspirational Pride and Prejudice sequel that will resonate with all readers who can relate to Mary Bennet's determination to live according to God's wishes

Written by a Franciscan nun, this is a sympathetic tale of the middle Bennet sister from Pride and Prejudice. Pious Mary Bennet tries to do her duty in the world as she thinks God envisions it.

Initially believing (mistakenly) that her sister Elizabeth married well only in order to provide for her sisters, Mary is happy to be relieved of the obligation to marry at all so that she can continue her faithful works.

But she begins to have second thoughts after further studying marriage through her sisters' experiences as well as spending time with two young men. One is a splendid young buck whose determined courtship must have ulterior motives; the other is a kindly, serious young clergyman whose friendship Mary values more and more. One day she realizes that God very much made man and woman to be together...but which is the man for her?

I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers! ~ Wendi

29 Comments:

Unknown said...

Cool teaser might have to buy this one

Here's my Teaser Tuesday

Anonymous said...

Ah, a Jane Austen sequel - hope it's a good one. My teaser is Austen related too this week.

JoAnn said...

This sounds like a good one! Is it?

JLS Hall (Joy's Blog) said...

Love the teaser! Yes, Lizzy was pretty darn impudent, wasn't she?

Teddyree said...

Ooh nice teaser, love the cover too.
Here's my Teaser

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

I like this "faith spin" on the classic. How nice for Mary to have a choice between two 'splendid young bucks'.

Jennifer said...

I adore this tease and I am adding this book to my wish list, thanks!
Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/casting-off-teaser-tuesdays.html

Andrea said...

A book about Mary Bennett sounds interesting. Great teaser! Here's mine.

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

Great teaser Wendi!
Here's mine

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Good teaser - I'll have to look into this one.

TheAtticGirl said...

I haven't read any Jane Austen sequels, but this sounds interesting!

Here is my teaser:

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

Heather said...

An intriguing teaser! Mine is here.

Nise' said...

This one sounds so much better than the one I read about Mary last year.

Tiina said...

This sounds interesting!

Here is my teaser: http://abookblogofonesown.blogspot.com/2009/10/chapter-23-teaser-tuesday-6102009.html

Greetings,
Tiina

Anonymous said...

This sounds good! It would be interesting to read more about Mary Bennet.

Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

sally906 said...

Isn't spam the pits!!!

Good tease - is it as good as the original?

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I like your teaser! I've seen this book around the blogs - I hope you're enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

I've heard a good big about this one and I'm interested in it. I am afraid though that reading a non-Austen Austen sequel would never live up to the original. Are you finding that to be the case?

Jackie said...

Good for Mary, lol, i thought she was a lost cause in the romance department!

Check out my teaser here

Christina said...

Hmm. Maybe she's talking about Lydia? If it is Lizzie, it'd be interesting to see what Mrs. Darcy did to cause such censure.

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

Seems like there is a little bit of judging on appearance going on there. I look forward to reading your review on this book. Pride & Prejudice spin-off books always peak my interest.

Jess. said...

Awesome teaser :) It makes me want to read this book!

Anonymous said...

an excellent teaser - here's why: I always think I'm not going to read the "Austen" genre and then I see a line, and there ya' go - I'm on it and ready to read it...when it's publicly available, that is!

abi said...

Sounds like a good book. Thanks for visiting my blog.

kayerj said...

interesting . . . someone is adding to pride and prejudice?

Kate said...

good teaser! gotta love a P&P sequel!

Cecelia said...

Great teaser! My first thought was, "Of course she'll defend her - sisters!" After I read your bit about it being Lizzy it made more sense. I'll have to check this one out - nice choice!

Thanks for coming by my blog!

Nan said...

I wonder how Jane A. fans are liking this?

Staci said...

I liked that teaser. There seems to be a lot of these Austen spin-offs...are you enjoying this one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters