HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, October 26, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Tweets on Library Thing

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

This week's Thinger topic is another great topic from Caite, over at A Lovely Shore Breeze, who told me about a cool feature under author pages. Library Thing now has a Link box on the right hand side of Author pages where authors and LT users can add/update links. . . including Twitter! And the neat thing about Twitter?? If you add it, they will post it. . . What do I mean?? Looky here:




:) While Caite had seen Twitter updates on one or more authors she looked at, the few I looked at didn't have any, but I KNOW Jane Porter updates her Twitter, so I decided to find out how to add the Twitter/link function for an author.


1. Find the author you are looking for.
2. Go to the link box on the right hand side
3. Click the Add link
4. It will give you this box:










5. Enter the http:// address
6. Give it a title
7. Choose the type of link. . . in this case Twitter
8. Hit the Save button
9. Hit the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh your page and you will see the author's three latest tweets! How neat is that????

So, I was going through my long list of people I'm following and decided that there MUST be an easier way to find the authors I am following! I did a quick Google search for "authors on twitter" and the first link it came back with was a post on Mashable with over 100 authors and some basic information, including their Twitter links. I quickly found a few I could add just to test out this neat new feature, and sure enough - it felt great to see those Tweets show up on the author's LT page. :)

Questions: Have you checked out any of the links/tweets on some of the author pages for the books in your bookshelves? Have you added any links/twitter information yourself? And as always, feel free to email me or post any suggestions for future Tuesday Thingers!

My Answer: Prior to Caite telling me about this feature, I had no idea that LT had the ability to show Tweets from author's accounts. I think that is so neat.

As I got a tad frustrated trying to find a few of my favorite authors Tweets on Library Thing, I did take the opportunity to add a few links myself, and will certainly keep this in mind as I run across other authors who Tweet. . . or have a blog, official site, etc.

Many huge thanks Caite!!

Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

3 Comments:

caite said...

you are welcome Wendi. I am just trying to always spread the LT love...lol
and to further that idea, HERE is my post this week.

bermudaonion said...

I knew nothing about this feature either, but will be checking it out since I love Twitter!

jlshall said...

Good question! And yet another feature I didn't know about! Here's the rest of my answer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters