HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, October 26, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy by Sara Angelini


TEASER TUESDAYS : hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading ~


Teaser :

"Very funny," Lou growled at Darcy.

Darcy leaned across the table toward Lou. "You are her best friend. Don't you want her to be happy?"

"I suppose you think she'll be happy with you?"

~ page 220 “The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy" by Sara Angelini **This teaser was taken from the ARC version, so the final version may be slightly different.

About the Book (from Amazon):


A sexy, bold adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice that re-paints favorite characters in twenty-first century colors

Judge Fitzwilliam Darcy, a legal expert on both sides of the Atlantic, is ready to hang up his black robe and return to the life of a country gentleman—until he meets Elizabeth Bennet, a fresh-faced attorney with a hectic schedule and no time for the sexy but haughty judge.

Tempers and sparks fly in Judge Darcy's courtroom— and outside, in a series of chance encounters that give each of them pause—as the two match wits and try to fight their overwhelming attraction. When they meet up in England at an international law conference, they embark on a hot, heavy affair. Back in the States, though, ethical considerations intrude, and each is subjected to a torturous period of soul-searching before they can find their way back to each other...
I always look forward to reading everyone's teasers! ~ Wendi

24 Comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Interesting question!

Teaser Tuesdays: 72 Virgins by Avi Perry

Unknown said...

Sounds rather... sexy ;)
Here's my teaser

JoAnn said...

I'd like to hear more about this!

Amy said...

Interesting teaser! I have this on my TBR list.

Andrea said...

Sounds like a fun book and a little like an old screwball comedy.
Great teaser! Here's mine.

Jo-Jo said...

What a great teaser! Mine is here.

Beth F said...

Good one! I'm one of those people who like the spin offs.

Margot said...

Sounds like the perfect read for P & P lovers. Can't wait to hear more.

Jennifer said...

Sounds rather intriguing! Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/10/coppola-pediatric-surgeon-in-iraq.html

Lisa said...

That's an interesting take on the story! Still, I think I am done with Jane Austen makeovers for a while. Thanks for sharing!

My teaser is here.

Zee said...

I've had my eye on this one for a while. It looks good.

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Oh I love adaptations of Jane Austen books! This looks so good!
Thank you for sharing!

xoxo~ Renee

The Westie Loving Therapist said...

I am in the midst of a Jane Austen Challenge and would love to read this adaptation!

me said...

full of sass, great teaser. thanks for popping by

Beth said...

Looks like a fun book. Here is my teaser.

Anonymous said...

I don't have to guess what Lou's thoughts on the matter are! This sounds like an interesting story - hope you enjoy it!

Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

Natalie W said...

Looks like a fun read! Great teaser
Natalie :0)

fredamans said...

Great teaser!

Thanks for stopping at my blog. I`m hosting a giveaway for Seven if you are interested. C`mon back anytime.

:-)

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great adaptation!

Cat (Minding the Middle) said...

This book is not really what I'm reading right now, but it does sound enticing! Thanks.

ibeeeg said...

LOVE your teaser! You have just reminded me that I_want_ to read this book!!! Thanks for the reminder.

Grain de Beaute said...

Hello Wendi,

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

And I love your teaser! This book seems very popular with a lot of book bloggers lately. I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great teaser! And that book has a super cute cover. =)

Alice said...

Great teaser! Like the cover too. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters