HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Friday, October 10, 2008

Alpha Heroes Bloghopping Challenge


The Challenge (Taken from the Alpha Heroes Bloghopping Challenge page) (I actually found out about the challenge from Reading in Appalachia)

One of the things I like best about having entered the blogosphere is finding other cool and interesting bloggers. So this challenge is not specifically about books and book blogging, although you could keep that focus if you like.

Don’t we all love to find comments? Feedback is one of the things that keep us going. So here’s the challenge.
  1. Starting here, find a linked blog that you’ve never been to before. It does not have to be book-related. If none of the links in my sidebar are new to you, hit the BBAW list and start there.
  2. Go to the blog you’ve chosen and browse through the posts until you find something you find interesting. Leave a comment. Mention where you found the link. Mention of this challenge is optional.
  3. Using the links in THAT blog, repeat. If you find yourself somewhere that does not have any new-to-you links, go back to the BBAW list. Be sure to leave a comment in each location, mentioning where you found their site linked.
  4. Repeat until you have visited 10 new blogs.
  5. Write a post on your blog showing your bloghopping trail. Content is up to you; you can highlight your favorites, critique the sites, or just post the list of 10. I recommend you open up a word document (or whatever you use) and list out the urls as you go. It's really REALLY easy to get distracted doing this and lose track of where you were.
  6. I’d love it if you link back to this post.
  7. Optional: add your favorites to your own sidebar, or temporarily put up a blogroll widget with the 10 sites you visited.
  8. Optional: Come back here and leave a link to your post in comments.

    Prize: your widened blogosphere horizons. Happy blog-hopping!
    ________________________________

    Note to bloggers who would like to copy this post: You are more than welcome to repost the rules of this challenge on your own blog, and to have folks start with your own blogroll instead of mine. I would however still love to see a comment here at Alpha Heroes from folks who decide to try the challenge!
Now - For my bloghopping trail:
1. By the Book - Alyssa's Book Blog - Really enjoyed browsing her site, and left a comment on the Fool Moon (Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher post.
2. Romancing the Blog - Really liked this one too - there is a LOT of content. I felt drawn to comment on the Real Life Romance post. It was quite interesting, talking about some of the more graphic novels coming out and people's responses to them.
3. Girls on Books - Loved the blog! They have a fun, flirty theme, and very catchy graphics. I'll certainly be adding this blog to my list of favorites!
4. Romance in Writing - has some great posts. I really enjoyed the Fiction Friday - Crushed post!
5. This Book For Free - A readers delight! Lots of FREE books!! I commented on the 18 Days, 18 Winners post.
6. Strangely Out of Place - Not a blog I would normally read, but strangely fun! I enjoyed the Naming post. :) Made me smile
7. Booking Through Thursday - A fun site that gets a lot of reader interaction and links to other blogs! I left a comment on Well, That was Interesting
8. Tuesday in Silhouette - A nice blog. I enjoyed reading the post from a Booking Through Thursday question - Meme!
9. A Striped Armchair - ok, so the name caught my eye and I had to click the link! I saw the coolest post! Well, I saw the title . . . . the post itself is password protected! How great is that?? I commented on the You Make My Monday post.
Final stop for the night: 10. Where Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops - What a nice blog - one that I will surely return to. I loved reading Mariel's posts, and added a few books to my wish list as a result!
Unfortunately, after a long day, I am exhausted, and while I have enjoyed this Bloghopping Challenge, I really must go to bed (still need to do a bit of reading!). I really had so much fun that I might do the challenge again! For those of you who haven't done the challenge, I encourage you to give it a try - I've found a bunch of fun blogs that I will surely return to. If you do the challenge, be sure to stop back here and leave a link to your post - I'll check out your Bloghopping list!

5 Comments:

Michele said...

Well, I did it....whew. Actually, it was a lot of fun and thanks for putting up the links to get us started!

My trek through blogland is here.

Icedream said...

Great post Wendi. You visited some blogs I need to visit. I have completed the challenge but haven't posted about it yet, I am happy some of us are are on the ball. :D

Susan said...

Hey Wendi - This sounds like a fun challenge. I'll have to try it later when I'm not quite so tired!

BTW: Good news - You won a signed ARC of Far World: Water Keep. Congrats! Come on over to my blog for all the info on getting your book.

Eva said...

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Shosh said...

Great post...I'm going to the others and checking them out too. Thanks to you!

This Book For Free

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters