HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Product Review: Avon Liiv Botanicals


I was lucky to have been chosen to participate in the Avon Holiday Blogger Campaign with MomSelect. Avon was nice enough to send me five different products from their Liiv Botanicals line of natural skin care.

Here are the products I received (there are many more items in the line, including both bath & body items and apparel & accessories):








Descriptions (Taken from the Avon site):
liiv botanicals Vital Body Moisturizer ($9.50/Sale $3.99): With Active Plant Essence Technology, rich formula helps lock in skin's natural moisture. 6.7 fl. oz.

liiv botanicals Vitalizing Eye Cream with SPF 15 ($12.00/Sale $9.99): In just 2 weeks, see the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles diminish. With active plant botanicals, our rich formula absorbs quickly, helping to retexturize the delicate under-eye area. .5 fl. oz.

Discover nature's secret to revitalized eyes. Discover the beauty of botanicals. Our exclusive Plant Essence Technology™ captures the antural goodness of botanicals to deliver the richest infusions of plant nutrients directly to your skin.

liiv botanicals Rejuvenating Facial Cleanser ($7.50/Sale $3.99): With super-oxygenated water and powerful botanicals, this cleanser invigorates skin. After one use, skin is detoxified of impurities and makeup. With continued use, pores appear tighter and skin feels ultrasmooth.

Preservative-free, dye-free and suitable for sensitive skin. Fragrance-free. 2.5 fl. oz.

liiv botanicals Vital Day Cream with SPF 20 ($15.00): WHAT’S OUR SECRET? Potent formulas enriched with powerful botanicals...dye-free and preservative-free to breathe new life into your skin.

Nourishing formula with natural plant extracts protects skin from harmful UV rays, stress and the environment. After 1 day of use, skin is noticeably fresher and smoother. In just 3 days, skin reveals a healthier clarity and improved texture and tone. Fragrance-free. 1.7 fl. oz.

liiv botanicals Vital Night Moisturizer ($15.00): What's our secret? Potent formulas enriched with powerful botanicals...dye-free and preservative-free to breathe new life into your skin.

Recharge skin at night with rich botanicals and rejuvenate skin’s texture and tone. In just 3 days, fine lines and wrinkles appear diminished, and a more youthful look restored. In just one week, skin looks virtually flawless. Awaken to beautifully rejuvenated texture and tone. Fragrance-free. 1.7 fl. oz.

My Review:

With light botanical scents, these great items are refreshing, and leave behind soft skin that feels really clean!

Now for a bit on each item:

Facial Cleanser: The serum is light and runny - be careful when opening as you can get more out than you want. I learned to put a dab on my fingers, then close the tube prior to putting it down because I laid it on its side and it started leaking out. The huge plus to this one is that is has a very pleasant scent (light and green smelling, not a floral scent, but not earthy - I don't know how else to describe it but it really is pleasant!), and it completely removed my eye makeup! It also left my skin feeling clean without drying it out.

Day Cream with SPF: I love this cream! It is so light and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily, it actually seems funny to call it a cream, but it is a cream. It has a slightly sweeter scent than the cleanser, but it is very light. I can tell a HUGE difference if I forget to put the day cream on - my skin is SO soft after using it only a few times!

Night Moisturizer: The night moisturizer has more of a green scent (similar to the cleanser) rather than a sweet scent. It reminds me a little of a gel, and has a slightly pinkish-pearl look to it. It is also a light product that leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, with no oily feeling at all.

Vitializing Eye Cream w/ SPF: It comes in an applicator, similar to an angled lip gloss. This makes it really easy to apply just a dab under each eye. With almost no scent (I didn't notice any at all), I did not notice any eye irritation. I did notice that the skin around my eyes appeared more hydrated, and I noticed fewer fine lines after a few days. To me, this was the most cream-like product, but that is probably what made it more effective for the eye area!

Body Moisturizer: I think this item had the most floral scent of the bunch, but it was still light and pleasant. The tube is easy to open and apply. The lotion was quickly absorbed into my skin, leaving it soft and fresh feeling.

A note about each item - a little goes a long way. Each item has a really nice light scent, and when used together, I felt really refreshed!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters