HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: Blood Lines by Mel Odom

TEASER TUESDAYS :


My 2 “Teaser” Sentences for today:

The sensation of being watched by a predator was unmistakable. Tyrel had learned it in the jungles of Vietnam, and he'd returned home with it.

~ p.267, “Blood Lines (NCIS #3) by Mel Odom





From the back cover:
A young Marine is seriously wounded in a heinous carjacking.
An NCIS agent is shot taking down a suspect.
Two fathers fight to protect their sons.
And somewhere in the jungles of Vietnam, a U.S. soldier lies in a forty-year-old grave.

Commander Will Coburn’s NCIS team is investigating the carjacking and assault of a young Marine and his wife. All evidence points to Bobby Lee Gant, the son of notorious criminal and suspected international drug smuggler Victor Gant. When NCIS agent Shel McHenry is wounded and Bobby Lee killed during a botched arrest, the team rallies around Shel even as Victor threatens retribution for his son’s death.

Meanwhile, in west Texas, Shel’s father, Tyrel McHenry, struggles with his own demons as the events of his past threaten his son’s life. As the NCIS team works to stay one step ahead of Victor Gant, Tyrel faces the most difficult decision of his life as buried secrets from a war long since fought come to light. The path he chooses will change his—and Shel’s—life forever.

~ Wendi

16 Comments:

Sunny said...

Yikes! Great teaser! I havent read this one yet but it sounds really good.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Ooooh . . . good teaser! I think that's a book I'd like to read.

Jo-Jo said...

Oh that just sounds creepy! Mine is here.

FleurFisher said...

Good teaser - you certainly read some diverse books!

Eidin said...

It's been a long time since I've read a book with connections to the Viet Nam war.

My teaser is about life in the burbs in the 50s.

Anonymous said...

Great teaser Wendi. Is that based on the NCIS tv show?

Thanks for your comments on my blog about "The Silmarillion". If you liked The Lord of the Rings, then you might like this book. It basically explores the mythology and creation of Middle Earth, as well as epic tales that took place during the First Age. It is very hard reading, so some people say. It's difficult, but I'm loving it. I can't believe Tolkien created all of this from his mind, including the languages!

avisannschild said...

Intriguing, though it doesn't really sound like my kind of book!

Nise' said...

I've heard good things about this series.

claire said...

Happy teaser Tuesday Wendi! :)

Wythe County Public Library Youth Services said...

Great Teaser!!! This books sounds really good (but a little creepy) I'll have to check it out

Jenners said...

Sounds a bit scary...but in a good way!

The Bumbles said...

Tough stuff here. My last read, "The Human Stain" was not my favorite but Roth did write extremely well in his passages putting us in the mind of a Vietnam Vet.

Kim said...

spooky and just a tad bit frightening! Great teaser...
*smiles*
Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to know how you like the book. I 'know' the author, (sort of, I see his name in a group I'm in) and I've often wondered if his books were good. The teaser's great though! Thanks for sharing!

Alice said...

Interesting... I've not read anything by this author but the book sure sounds good.

Alyce said...

This sounds intense!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters