HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, January 12, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Common Knowledge

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

Today's question: A few weeks ago, someone told me about the Common Knowledge feature of Library Thing. The statistics and basic information can be found through a link at the bottom of any page. Currently there are over 869,540 facts that have been entered. How do they get there? We add them!

It took me a while to figure out that you enter them from the book or author page. When you have a book or author page pulled up, if you look at the left hand side, there are a bunch of links you can choose from. One of them is Common Knowledge. If you click the link, it will bring up a section where you can add facts.

Have you ever looked at the Common Knowledge page, or viewed the history of changes/additions? If you were aware of this section, have you added any information? Do you find this information useful or interesting?

My Answer: I was not aware of the Common Knowledge areas until one of you added that you wanted to learn how to add facts to that section a few weeks ago!

I only found the history of changes as I was posting this, but it was fun to go back and see my name up there after I added a few facts for one of the books I'm reading now.

As I was not previously aware of this function on LT, today was the first day that I entered any information, but I must admit that it was fun to be able to contribute to the site!!! I added some information to The Valentine Edition by Robin Shope (one of my current reads).

I think the information is probably useful, but as I've not really noted it prior to this week, I can't attest to it's usefulness. I can say that I am going to try to pay more attention to the book details as I am adding to my library and while I am browsing titles for new books.

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

14 Comments:

FleurFisher said...

Great question – here’s my answer!

caite said...

This week, I remembered to both post my answer on my blog and link it HERE! I am so proud of myself...lol

Anonymous said...

Great question, Wendi. My answer is here.

Yvonne said...

Mine is up

http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-thingers_13.html

Anonymous said...

Good question!

My answer is here!

Library Cat said...

My answer is here

Anonymous said...

I love Common Knowledge! My answer is posted here. Thanks! :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

My answer this week is here .

Come by and wish Emmy a happy 1st birthday too :)

Bonnie said...

My Tuesday Thinger is
HERE.

jlshall said...

I'm a little late this week, but my answer is here.

Alea said...

Here is mine!

http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-thingers_13.html

Lana said...

Great question! I answered it here: http://caramellunacy.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-thingers-common-knowledge.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us about Common Knowledge!

My answer is here.

Florinda said...

Tuesday Thingers on Friday :-)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters