HomeAbout Me & PoliciesBook Reviews by TitleAuthor Interview IndexProduct ReviewsAwards

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tuesday Thinger: Swap This Book

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

Today's question: Have you ever used the Swap This Book function which can be found on the main page of any book (here is an example of Flirting With Forty by Jane Porter: link shown on book page, what it looks like if you click on the link)? If so, what do you think about it? If not, are there any other swap sites you utilize to exchange books once you are done? What do you do with your books if you no longer want them anymore?

My Answer: I was adding a book to my library recently (or looking for a book I just received), and noticed the Swap This Book link, so I went back to check it out. I have never used this function of Library Thing, but found that it was amazing to see where books were available for a certain title, and where they were wanted. I also finally learned a little about Bookmooch!

While I am not familiar with the Swap This Book feature of LT, or many of the other swap sites listed on the linked page, I have used PaperBack Swap. I love the ease of listing books, earning credits, printing postage/labels, and requesting new books. :)

As far as what I do with books once I read them, if I LOVE them, they get added to my VERY full bookcase. If I thought they were good and a friend might want to read them, I share. If I have an ARC I no longer want, I plan to list it on LT under the ARC Junkies Group topic for ARC's you no longer want. I have not gotten rid of any of the books I receive to review yet. I've been trying to decide what to do with them as I do not want to make any money selling them. That said, I do plan to swap a few at a swap site, or trade on LT.

Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!!

~ Wendi

If you are new to Tuesday Thingers: Welcome! The meme was originally created as a way to network with other bloggers and to learn about Library Thing! I'd like to encourage you to join us. If you don't know what Library Thing is - you are in a great place to learn about new things, and if you are an old pro, stick around and share your wealth of information! Visit Library Thing here. To join in, copy the picture and question into your post and link back here so people can read other responses. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post so we can stop by! If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment here!

17 Comments:

Julie said...

I am 1st!!! Great question & great feature on LibraryThing-thanks:)
http://julyso4463.blogspot.com/

jlshall said...

Yet another LT feature I knew nothing about! I really need to do more exploring. Here's my answer.

Lenore Appelhans said...

My answer is now up. Great question - it allowed me to make an exciting discovery!

caite said...

I could have been first except now my blog site is blocked on the computers at work. It ain't fair! True, it is work but still.... ;-)

But here is my answer, right here!!

Yvonne said...

I didn't know about this feature either. Mine is up...

http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-thingers_20.html

Bonnie said...

Another Great question Wendi! I had never noticed this feature but love to swap books. My answer is
HERE.

FleurFisher said...

Another great question Wendi! Here's my answer.

Anonymous said...

I'm slow this morning. My post is here. Thanks, Wendi!

Lisa said...

Good question! My answer is here.

Anonymous said...

My answer! Sorry I missed last week. This feature isn't particularly interesting to me, but I'm glad we're exploring everything out there. Thanks Wendi!

Lana said...

Mine's up here:
http://caramellunacy.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-thingers-swapping.html

Thanks for reminding me, Wendi!

Anonymous said...

I love swapping books! My answer is here.

krin said...

Just posted my answer here!

Anonymous said...

My answer is up!

Thinger

Allison said...

Great question... Find my answer HERE

Alea said...

Here's mine!

http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-thingers_20.html

Alyce said...

I've been watching the inauguration events, so I'm late posting this today.

http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-thingers-january-20.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Web Site Hit Counter
Amazing Counters